Marketplace brings the artistry of the world to the Florida Folk Festival. In some instances, the vendors are themselves both the importers and the makers of traditional crafts. They may be new settlers whose booths help to support traditional artists in Guatemala or importers of exquisite beads from around the world.
Whether as book and music publishers or the makers of instruments or accessories for musicians, marketplace vendors keep the natural and cultural history of Florida alive, and they showcase the state's cultural connections with the world.
We’re currently planning the 2022 Florida Folk Festival. Take a look at some of the Marketplace vendors from previous festivals.
- Kathy Hallowell, Arte Mexico: Regional Mexican crafts including carved wooden animals, wooden and bamboo toys and instruments, silver and beaded jewelry, shell and leather jewelry, ceramics, cotton clothing and hammocks, hats, mobiles.
- Ginger Tendl, Florida Tunes and Treasures: Vintage guitar, banjo, mandolin, fiddle stringed instruments and accessories, typically from 1950 to 2000. Florida related art and collection of folk music vinyl records, including Florida artist Gamble Rogers and other current or prior performers at folk festivals.
- Richard Ferriss, Floridana Stuff Company: Primarily second-hand books, sheet music, recordings and other items relating to music, crafts, Florida and folklore.
- The Land of Flowers: Prints, notecards and other merchandise created from original hand-colored postcards of Florida from the turn of the last century, artistically framed by antique textiles from the same period, recordings of original Florida folk music created and performed.
- VioStrap: Instrument straps for violins, ukulele, mandolins and bodhrans.