Thank you for visiting our website. The Gainesville-Hawthorne State Trail provides a wonderful opportunity to get outdoors and enjoy cycling, walking, roller blading, or horseback riding through a variety of plant communities full of Florida history. If you see a volunteer, thank them for their efforts in all aspects of our operation. We truly could not provide the level of visitor service...
Some content on this website is saved in an alternative format. To view these files, download the following free software or you can skip to the main content if you already have the appropriate readers.
- Use Adobe Acrobat to read Portable Document Format (PDF) files: Download Adobe® Reader®
- Microsoft Word file viewer and converter programs to enable those who do not have MS- Word or have another version of MS-Word to open and view MS-Word files: Download Word file Viewer
- Microsoft offers Microsoft Excel file viewer and converter programs to enable those who do not have MS-Excel or have another version of MS-Excel to view MS-Excel files:Download Excel file viewer
Gainesville-Hawthorne State Trail
Welcome to Gainesville-Hawthorne State Trail
Gainesville-Hawthorne State Trail stretches 16 miles from the city of Gainesville's Boulware Springs Park through the Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park and other local and state conservation lands. The recreational trail is designed for walking, cycling and horseback riding.
Parking is provided at four trail heads:
- 3300 S.E. 15th Street in Gainesville
- Boulware Springs City Park, at the intersection of CR 234 and CR 2082 in Rochelle
- 7902 S.E. 200th Drive, off of CR 2082 west of Hawthorne
- 2182 S.E. 71st Avenue in Hawthorne