Canoe Launch Closure
Effective July 22-Oct 31, 2022: The canoe launch behind the cabin area at Stephen Foster Folk Culture Center State Park will be closed and under construction. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Woods Ferry River Camp is located 10 miles from White Springs. The camp sits on a high bluff above the river, and an elaborate system of boardwalks will guide you in to the camp.
- From Woods Ferry, paddlers may choose to travel 10.8 river miles to Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park or 18.4 river miles to the next river camp, Holton Creek.
- River mile 159.3 GPS Location: N 30 21.22, W 82 51.37
Holton Creek is 7.6 miles from Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park and will welcome you with an expanse of white sandy beach along the curving Suwannee River. This heavily wooded camp is a great place to stay an extra day or two to explore. It is located within a 2,500-acre Suwannee River Water Management District tract and right along the Florida Trail. Hikers can follow trails that trace the river’s edge or meander through the property to find sinks, swales, sloughs and a number of impressive trees including champion cypress trees as well as mature oaks, hickories and magnolias.
Please be aware that scheduled hunting is permitted on the property surrounding this camp at certain times of the year. The camp is not affected by hunting but the surrounding area is closed for hiking.
For information on hunting season dates, call 386-758-0525 or visit Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission.
- From Holton Creek, many paddlers choose to travel 13.2 miles to Suwannee River State Park rather than trying to tackle 27.9 miles to the next river camp, Dowling Park.
- River mile 140.9 GPS Location: N 30 25.81, W 83 2.17
Dowling Park river camp is 14.7 river miles from Suwannee River State Park and is located right across the river from the Advent Christian Village in the town of Dowling Park. Because of the unique features of this location, four of the five screened platforms are raised high into the tree tops. This cozy river camp is memorable!
- From Dowling Park, paddlers may travel 9.7 river miles to Lafayette Blue Springs State Park or 18 river miles to Peacock Slough.
- River mile 113.0 GPS Location: N 30 14.81, W 83 14.87
Peacock Slough river camp, just 8.3 river miles from Lafayette Blue Springs State Park, is located on the river just south of Wes Skiles Peacock Springs State Park. While the park is not easily accessible from the river camp, the outpouring of water from the spring system to the river is often visible at the river camp entrance.
- From Peacock Slough, a 9.7-mile paddle will bring you to Adams Tract River Camp.
- River mile 95.8 GPS Location: N 30 6.09, W 83 8.23
Adams Tract is just a few miles upriver from Troy Spring State Park. It is located within a Suwannee River Water Management District Tract and provides ample hiking trails to explore throughout a longleaf pine community. There are some open, treeless areas of the camp that are ideal for stargazing with the nearest city lights miles away.
Please be aware that scheduled hunting is permitted on this property certain times of the year. For information on hunting season dates, call 386-758-0525 or visit Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission.
- From Adams Tract, a 9.3-mile paddle will bring you to Branford.
- River mile 85.5 GPS Location: N 30 2.10, W 83 1.14