Jr. Ranger PROGRAM
Junior Ranger Program
The Florida State Parks' Junior Ranger Program provides the opportunity for young people to learn, serve and share Florida's natural and cultural resources.
- Visit any participating Florida State Park and ask for a Junior Ranger Kit.
- Take the Junior Ranger Pledge and receive your Member ID Card and Official Junior Ranger Badge.
- Complete the 6 CORE Activities from the kit.
- Turn in the 6 CORE Activities to the park staff to receive your Official Junior Ranger Patch!
- Complete more activities to earn stamps in your PASSPORT!
- Turn in your completed PASSPORT to receive your Official Junior Ranger Pin!
- Remember, being a Junior Ranger is more fun with family and friends.
Where You Can Do Junior Ranger
Participating Florida State Parks are found throughout the state. We also offer a complete list of participating parks.
By completing activities, you will receive stamps from Park Staff in your PASSPORT for completed activities. You will learn important aspects about protecting Florida State Parks and will become eligible for Junior Ranger rewards such as patches, badges and pins.
If you wish to have your materials ready before visiting a park, Junior Ranger Activites are available for download and printing. You can even download and print your very own PASSPORT using the links below:
|NATURAL RESOURCES||CULTURAL RESOURCES||RECREATION||SERVICE|
Learn the Junior Ranger Pledge
"As a Junior Ranger, I promise to protect the plants, animals, water, geological features, culture and history of Florida State Parks. I promise to continue to learn about parks and share what I have learned with other as I Explore …the Real Florida."
Membership ID Card
Junior Rangers can get their membership cards punched for one free entry into any Florida State Park. Good for one vehicle, up to 8 except at Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park and Weeki Wachee Springs State Park, where pass is good for two people. Does not include Skyway Fishing Pier State Park, camping or other fees.
Submit the Completed Passport
Follow these steps to submit your completed PASSPORT and get a fun reward:
- Once a PASSPORT has been completed, take a picture of or scan both sides and email it to info@FloridaDEP.gov, OR mail it to (Remember to include your name and Member ID Number):
Junior Ranger Program, Florida Department of Environmental Protection
3900 Commonwealth Blvd., MS#535
Tallahassee, FL 32399-3000
- 2. Once it has been received, your Jr. Ranger PIN will be mailed out!
Take the Social Challenge
Follow Florida State Parks on social media and watch for Junior Ranger posts with a Social Challenge! Participate by sharing your Junior Ranger experience and using #FLStateParksJrRanger.