Hours & Fees
Temporary Partial Closure of Green Trail
Oscar Scherer has temporarily closed portions of the Green Trail until further notice due to the annual American bald eagle nesting season, per national protocols and regulations. The trail will be closed from bench 14 to the eagle viewing station. Please do not enter this protected area. Inquire at ranger station for more information.
Hiking Trail Alert
Due to recent rains hiking trails may be muddy, have standing water or be impassable. Please use caution will hiking in the park. Inquire at the ranger station for more details.
The park is open from 8 a.m. until sundown, 365 days a year.
- 2 - 8 person occupied vehicle: $5 per vehicle.
- Single person occupied vehicle: $4 per vehicle.
- Pedestrians, bicyclists, extra passengers, passengers in vehicle with card holder of Annual Individual Entrance Pass: $2 per person
- Sunset Entrance: $4 per vehicle. (Entry into park half hour prior to sunset.)
Picnic Pavilion Rental
- Small Pavilion (Pavilion #3: Lake Osprey Picnic Area): $30 per day, plus tax (Approximate capacity: 10-15 people)
- Medium Pavilion (Pavilion #1: South Creek Picnic Area): $45 per day, plus tax (Approximate capacity: 25-30 people)
- Large Pavilion (Pavilion #2: Lake Osprey Picnic Area): $60 per day, plus tax (Approximate capacity: 50 people)
- Medium Pavilion (Pavilion #4: Lake Osprey Beach Area, ADA accessible): $100 per day, plus tax (Approximate capacity: 20 people, no pets)
- Large Pavilion with extra amenities (Pavilion #5: Legacy Pavilion): $100 per day, plus tax (Approximate capacity: 50 people)
Pavilion rental does not include park entrance fees. Contact the park to reserve at (941) 483-5956.
- $26 per night, plus state and local taxes, plus a non-refundable $6.70 reservation fee. Includes water and electricity.
Florida residents who are 65 years of age or older or who hold a social security disability award certificate or a 100 percent disability award certificate from the Federal Government are permitted to receive a 50 percent discount on current base campsite fees. Proof of eligibility required.
- $1 per youth/per night. (Youth is anyone under the age of 18)
- $5.00 per adult/per night.
- $10 Dump Station, non-registered campers. Does not include park entrance fee.
- Overnight/Overflow Parking: $15, plus state & local taxes - only when campground is full.
- Canoe Rental: $15 per hour or $60 per day plus tax