Hours & Fees
Partial Closure of Kayak Trail
The kayak / canoe trail at Oscar Scherer will be partially closed during construction of the campground bridge. Boat rentals will continue to be available. South Creek remains open. There will be no access beyond the campground vehicle bridge in order to allow construction crews to work safely.
Dump Station Closed
Oscar Scherer's dump station is located in the campground. It will be closed during the bridge replacement. Please check back for early opening. Scheduled to be completed by Nov. 22, 2019.
Oscar Scherer is in the process of replacing the campground bridge in 2019. This bridge is the only way to access the campground for campers. The campground will be closed. We hope to open the campground before November 22, 2019, but we would rather provide a large window for the contractor if issues arise. Bridge work may be completed early so check Reserve America periodically for reservation opportunities.
The park is open from 8 a.m. until sundown, 365 days a year.
- 2 - 8 person occupied vehicle: $5 per vehicle.
- Single person occupied vehicle: $4 per vehicle.
- Pedestrians, bicyclists, extra passengers, passengers in vehicle with card holder of Annual Individual Entrance Pass: $2 per person
- Sunset Entrance: $4 per vehicle. (Entry into park half hour prior to sunset.)
Picnic Pavilion Rental
- Small Pavilion (Pavilion #3: Lake Osprey Picnic Area): $30 per day, plus tax (Approximate capacity: 10-15 people)
- Medium Pavilion (Pavilion #1: South Creek Picnic Area): $45 per day, plus tax (Approximate capacity: 25-30 people)
- Large Pavilion (Pavilion #2: Lake Osprey Picnic Area): $60 per day, plus tax (Approximate capacity: 50 people)
- Medium Pavilion (Pavilion #4: Lake Osprey Beach Area, ADA accessible): $100 per day, plus tax (Approximate capacity: 20 people, no pets)
- Large Pavilion with extra amenities (Pavilion #5: Legacy Pavilion): $100 per day, plus tax (Approximate capacity: 50 people)
Pavilion rental does not include park entrance fees. Contact the park to reserve at (941) 483-5956.
- $26 per night, plus state and local taxes, plus a non-refundable $6.70 reservation fee. Includes water and electricity.
Florida residents who are 65 years of age or older or who hold a social security disability award certificate or a 100 percent disability award certificate from the Federal Government are permitted to receive a 50 percent discount on current base campsite fees. Proof of eligibility required.
- $1 per youth/per night. (Youth is anyone under the age of 18)
- $5.00 per adult/per night.
- $10 Dump Station, non-registered campers. Does not include park entrance fee.
- Overnight/Overflow Parking: $15, plus state & local taxes - only when campground is full.
- Canoe Rental: $15 per hour or $60 per day plus tax