Hours & Fees
Nature Center Will Be Open Daily
The nature center will be open Monday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
No Canoe and Kayak Rentals
Canoe and kayak rentals will not be available at this time. We will not be offering the guided paddle on Wednesdays. Please check back later.
Prescribed Fire - Portions of Orange Trail & Yellow Trail Closures
Wednesday June 7, 2023: Oscar Scherer State Park will conduct a prescribed fire in the southeast portion of the park that will result in the closure of a section of the Orange Trail and portions of the Yellow Trail east of the Legacy Trail. Oscar Scherer's Big Lake on the Yellow Trial will also be closed. Trails will be temporarily closed in order to keep visitors and fire crew safe during fire activity and allow crews to patrol areas. Once the area is safe, the trails will be reopened for visitor use.
Trail closure takes effect immediately. Smoke may impact sections of the park, mainly east of the Legacy Trail. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Deanna 781-910-1576 or the ranger station at 941-483-5956.
The park is open 8 a.m. until sundown, 365 days a year.
- $5 per vehicle (up to eight people).
- $4 single-occupant vehicle.
- $2 pedestrians, bicyclists, extra passengers, passengers in vehicle with card holder of Annual Individual Entrance Pass.
- Sunset entrance: $4 per vehicle (entry into park one hour prior to sunset).
Picnic Pavilion Rental
- Small pavilion (pavilion No. 3: Lake Osprey Picnic Area): $30 per day plus tax. Approximate capacity of 10 to 15 people.
- Medium pavilion (pavilion No. 1: South Creek Picnic Area): $45 per day plus tax. Approximate capacity of 25 to 30 people.
- Large pavilion (pavilion No. 2: Lake Osprey Picnic Area): $60 per day plus tax. Approximate capacity of 50 people.
- Medium pavilion (pavilion No. 4: Lake Osprey Beach Area, ADA accessible): $100 per day plus tax. Approximate capacity of 20 people; no pets allowed.
- Large pavilion with extra amenities (Pavilion No. 5: Legacy Pavilion): $100 per day plus tax. Approximate capacity of 50 people.
Contact the park to reserve at 941-483-5956. Pavilion rental does not include park entrance fees.
- $26 per night, plus state and local taxes, utility fee and a nonrefundable $6.70 reservation fee. RV sites include a $7 nightly utility fee. Utility fee does not apply to tent camping.
Florida residents 65 years of age or older or who hold a Social Security disability award certificate or a 100% disability award certificate from the federal government are permitted to receive a 50% discount on current base campsite fees. (Reservation fee and utility fee are excluded.) Proof of eligibility required.
- $1 per youth per night (under the age of 18).
- $5 per adult per night.
- Dump station, non-registered campers $10. Does not include park entrance fee.
- Overnight/overflow parking: $15 plus state and local taxes; only when campground is full.
- Canoe rental: $15 per hour or $60 per day plus tax.