Seasonal Fort Foster Tours
Tours of Historic Fort Foster are currently being offered the third Saturday of each month at 11 a.m. Tickets must be purchased at the ranger station before the tour and are $2 per person. For larger groups reservations can be made and accommodations may be possible for separate tours.
The river was named in the late 1700s for Wills Hills, the British Colonial Secretary and Lord Earl of Hillsborough. In the 1930's, during the Great Depression, the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC), established the area surrounding the river rapids as a public park. Many of the park's structures and the suspension bridge are examples of the CCC style of rustic architecture, in harmony with the natural environment.