Welcome to Hillsborough River State Park, where history and nature come together in a few fantastic ways. Our history goes back to the Civilian Conservation Corps in 1936, when they stumbled on this piece of land that hid away one of the only Class II rapids in the state. The park opened in 1938, after the Corps’ foresight to protect this rare feature, showcasing it to millions of visitors...
Some content on this website is saved in an alternative format. To view these files, download the following free software or you can skip to the main content if you already have the appropriate readers.
- Use Adobe Acrobat to read Portable Document Format (PDF) files: Download Adobe® Reader®
- Microsoft Word file viewer and converter programs to enable those who do not have MS- Word or have another version of MS-Word to open and view MS-Word files: Download Word file Viewer
- Microsoft offers Microsoft Excel file viewer and converter programs to enable those who do not have MS-Excel or have another version of MS-Excel to view MS-Excel files:Download Excel file viewer
Hillsborough River State Park
The park is open from 8 a.m. until sundown, 365 days a year.
For concession hours of operation, please contact: (813) 986-3322, or visit their webpage.
All hours are subject to change, weather permitting
- $6 per vehicle, limit 2-8 people per vehicle.
- $4 for single occupant vehicle.
- $2 for pedestrians, bicyclists, extra passengers, passengers in vehicle with holder of Annual Individual Entrance Pass.
- $60 per bus load of people or $2 per person, whichever is less.
- $24 per night, plus tax, plus a non-refundable $6.70 reservation fee. Fee includes water and electricity.
Florida residents who are 65 years of age or older or who hold a social security disability award certificate or a 100 percent disability award certificate from the Federal Government are permitted to receive a 50 percent discount on current base campsite fees. Proof of eligibility is required.
Organized Youth or Adult Group Camping
- $1 - Youths
- $5 - Adults
Deposit of $20, plus tax, is required at the time of reservation. (Credited toward total amount on the day of arrival.)
- $5 Per person/per night.
Recreation Hall Pavilion Rental
- $200, plus tax.
- Add $50, plus tax: After hours (until 10pm).
- $27 per hour: After hours security personnel / minimum of 3 hours.
- $100 cleaning deposit (returned once facility is reviewed by park staff).
- $60 or $90, plus tax - Seven pavilions are available to rent.
- $50 cleaning deposit (returned once facility is reviewed by park staff).
Fort Foster Historic Site Guided Tours
- $2 per person, 13 years and older
- $1 for children ages 6 to 12
- Children 5 years and younger are free.
Hillsborough Park Café Rentals
For additional information regarding hours and rates, please contact the Café directly at: (813) 986-3322, or visit their webpage.
Canoes and Kayaks
- minimum of two hours for $25 per canoe, plus tax.
- Three hours for $35, plus tax.
- Four hours $40, plus tax.
- All day $50, plus tax.
- $15 an hour, plus tax.
- $10 an hour, plus tax.
- 1/2 day rental $20, plus tax.
- All day $25, plus tax.
- 2 person Surreys are $20, plus tax an hour.
- 4 person Surreys are $30, plus tax an hour.
Golf Carts are Available Daily
Participants must be 18 years or older and hold a valid drivers License. A credit card deposit is required.
- 4 Person Golf Cart is $35 for two hours, $50 for four hours, or $75 per day, plus tax.
- 6 Person Golf Cart is $45 for two hours, $60 for four hours, or $90 per day, plus tax.