Hours & Fees
Signature Event Cancellation
It is DEP’s priority to protect the health and safety of our visitors, staff, volunteers and concessions. To support safe social distancing, the following events have been canceled: Santa Over the Rainbow (December 2020) and Cracker Days (Feb. 27-28, 2021). We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we continue to review and make additional operational changes deemed necessary for the protection of public health. For additional updates, please visit our Safety Updates Page.
BUSY TIME FOR RAINBOW SPRINGS
Rainbow Springs has very high visitation on weekends and holidays. The park will close when it reaches capacity and no vehicles, cyclists or pedestrians will be allowed to enter, except for registered campers. If you are renting a pavilion, hosting an event or have been invited to an event, please plan accordingly. Once the park reaches capacity, the park will close for the day. If you leave the park you will not be allowed to re-enter until the following day. For safety reasons, you will not be allowed to wait in line in the park when we are closed, nor can you park on the roads adjacent to the park. Vehicles left outside the park on the road or private property may be towed at the owners expense.
Exact Change Only
In an effort to reduce contact and ensure the safety of our visitors, we ask that all cash transactions be with exact change for our $2 per person entrance fee. We do accept major credit cards as well.
Habitat Restoration in Progress
The park is in the process of restoring sandhill habitat next to the tubing facility off 180th Avenue Road. The long-term restoration project includes non-native tree removal, prescribed burning, invasive plant control, and replanting of tree species and native ground cover. For details, please review the Frequently Asked Questions.
- 8 a.m. to sunset, 365 days a year
- First Saturday in April through Memorial Day: 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., weekends only
- Memorial Day through Labor Day: 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., seven days a week
- Labor Day through end of September: 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., weekends only (please call 352-533-4305 to confirm opening; facility may close due to weather)
- October through March: Closed for the winter season
- 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Sunday through Thursday
- 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday
- Contact Guest Services at 352-533-4305 for tube rental and shuttle fees
- $2 per person. Children under 6 admitted free.
There are four covered pavilions available for reservation. Beyond the normal reservation fee (see below), each pavilion has a $40 cash-only cleanup deposit due on the day of reservation. The deposit will be returned after inspection upon departure.
- Regular $2 admission per person still applies