Hours & Fees
Know Before You Go
Effective Aug. 26, 2021: The headsprings entrance at Rainbow Springs State Park is open 8 a.m. to sunset daily. Canoe and kayak rentals are available at the head springs.
Rainbow Springs has very high visitation on weekends and holidays. The headsprings entrance will close when the park reaches capacity. No vehicles, cyclists or pedestrians will be allowed to enter, including registered campers. If you are hosting or attending an event, please plan accordingly. If you leave the park when it is closed, you will not be allowed to re-enter until the following day. Neither waiting in line in the park nor parking on the roads adjacent to the park will be allowed. Vehicles left outside the park on the road or private property could be towed at the owner's expense.
Habitat Restoration in Progress
The park is in the process of restoring sandhill habitat next to the tubing facility off 180th Avenue Road. The long-term restoration project includes non-native tree removal, prescribed burning, invasive plant control, and replanting of trees and native ground cover. For details, please review the Frequently Asked Questions.
- 8 a.m. to sunset, 365 days a year (unless closed at capacity).
- First Saturday in April through Memorial Day: 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., weekends only.
- Memorial Day through Labor Day: 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., seven days a week.
- Labor Day through end of September: 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., weekends only (please call 833-945-2925 to confirm opening; facility may close due to weather).
- October through March: Closed for the winter season.
- 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Sunday through Thursday.
- 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday.
- Contact Guest Services at 833-945-2925 for tube rental and shuttle fees.
- $2 per person. Children under 6 admitted free.
- There are four covered pavilions available on a first-come, first-served basis.