Hours & Fees
HABITAT RESTORATION IN PROGRESS
Pardon our dust! Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park is restoring the longleaf pine habitat along Savannah Boulevard to the ranger station at the south entrance of the prairie. Please adhere to posted signage and avoid closed areas.
- The park is open 8 a.m. until sundown, 365 days a year.
- Ranger station hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays; 8 a.m. to sundown Fridays, Saturdays and holidays.
Main Entrance Admission
- $6 per vehicle (two to eight people).
- $4 single-occupant vehicle.
- $2 pedestrians, bicyclists, extra passengers, passengers in vehicle with holder of Annual Individual Entrance Pass.
LaChua Trail Admission
- $4 per vehicle.
Bolen Bluff Admission
- $2 per vehicle, limit eight people.
Picnic Pavilion Rental
- $30 plus tax. Seating for 65 people.
- $18 per night plus tax, plus a nonrefundable $6.70 reservation fee. RV sites include a $7 nightly utility fee. (Utility fee does not apply to tent camping.) Includes water and electricity.
Florida residents who are 65 years of age or older or who hold a Social Security disability award certificate or a 100% disability award certificate from the federal government are permitted to receive a 50% discount on current base campsite fees (Reservation fee and utility fee are excluded; proof of eligibility required).
Primitive Camping (hike-in only)
- $5 per person, per night.