Experiences & Amenities
The Palatka to St. Augustine State Trail offers 19 miles of paved trail with a mix of shaded hammock and sunny roadsides.
- Helmets are recommended for all cyclists. Florida law requires helmets for cyclists age 16 and younger.
- Bring water, sunscreen and bug spray.
- Obey all traffic laws.
- When bicycling on a trail or dirt road shared with hikers or equestrians, be respectful of others. Learn more about our state park rules and trail etiquette.
- Bicycles, including electric bicycles, may be used on trails designated for bicycle use with the park system consistent with Section 316.20655, Florida Statutes.
- All bicycles should operate in a safe manner.
- Please obey all posted speed limits.
- Please be aware that cross traffic does not stop. It is the responsibility of the trail user to stop at all street intersections.
There are five kiosks along the trail that offer a trail map and information about the trail. There is an interpretive exhibit with signage telling of the Armstrong Community and the rich African-American history located there. This signage is found along the trail near Armstrong Park.
Well-behaved dogs are allowed on the trail with a maximum six-foot, hand-held leash. Owners are requested to walk their dogs near the edge of the trail for the safety of all trail users.
- Pet owners must pick up after their pets and properly dispose of all pet droppings in trash receptacles.
- Service animals are allowed in all areas of the park.
- See our Pet Policy.