Experiences & Amenities
Camp Helen offers wonderful opportunities for bird-watching. Various species can be observed including bald eagle, osprey, kingfisher, Cooper's hawk and many migratory species. The park is home to numerous shorebirds including least terns, and piping and snowy plovers.
Binoculars are available in the visitor center for bird-watchers.
Surrounded by water on three sides, the peninsula provides access to the Gulf of Mexico and Lake Powell. Saltwater fishing is popular in the surf, while both freshwater and saltwater fish can be caught in Lake Powell's brackish water. The shoreline has many areas to cast a line along Lake Powell.
- All fishing within the park must conform to regulations concerning size, number, method of capture and season. A fishing license may be required. More information is available at the Florida Wildlife Commission’s Fishing in Florida.
Swimming is available in the Gulf of Mexico and Lake Powell.
Visitors to coastal parks are reminded to pay close attention to the colored flags posted at welcome stations and on the beaches. These flags indicate the swimming conditions at the beach.
- Please use caution as lifeguards are not provided.
Camp Helen State Park is committed to providing a variety of amenities accessible to all of our visitors. These amenities include:
- A paved path provides access to a trail on the north side of U.S. 98.
- Picnic facilities with tables and grills.
- Visitor center.
- A beach wheelchair is available for use. Please inquire at the visitor center or call 850-233-5059.
Service animals are welcome in all areas of Florida State Parks.