Hours & Fees
Sandspur Beach Camping and Day Use Remain Closed
The reconstruction of Sandspur Beach is moving ahead. Sandspur day use and camping areas remain closed. Bahia Honda State Park offers two beaches (Loggerhead Beach on the Atlantic side and Calusa Beach on the Florida Bay). The Buttonwood campground, the Bayside tent sites and six cabins are available for reservations.
Know Before You Go
Effective Oct. 12, 2021: Bahia Honda State Park is open. Due to the park's popularity, the park may close when it reaches maximum capacity in its day use areas. During these temporary closures, arriving visitors will be asked to return later. We recommend arriving early on weekends and holidays. Shade is limited on our sandy beaches. We suggest bringing umbrellas or sunshades or renting them from our concessionaire. The concession offers chairs, snorkeling equipment, kayak rentals, and a variety of snacks and lunches.
The park is open from 8 a.m. until sundown, 365 days a year.
- $8.00 per vehicle. Limit 2-8 people per vehicle. A 50 cent Monroe County surcharge will be added, per person.
- $2.50 Pedestrians, bicyclists, extra passengers, passengers in vehicle with holder of Annual Individual Entrance Pass. (MC surcharge included in this price)
- $4.50 Single-occupant vehicle or motorcycle. (MC surcharge included in this price)
- $10 per boat -plus normal entrance fees
- $36 per night, plus taxes, plus a non-refundable $6.70 reservation fee. Includes water and electricity.
Florida residents who are 65 years of age or older or who hold a social security disability award certificate or a 100 percent disability award certificate from the Federal Government are permitted to receive a 50 percent discount on current base campsite fees. Proof of eligibility required.
- May 1 - October 31: $120 night, plus tax, plus a non-refundable $6.70 reservation fee.
- November 1 - April 30: $160 per night, plus tax, plus a non-refundable $6.70 reservation fee. Includes water and electricity.