- Resident Campground Host: Provide public relations and general park information. Work on special projects as designated by management. Monitor activities in the campground and notify park staff when action is needed. Maintain campground facilities and sites to park standards. Other related tasks.
- Field Worker: Clean the beach, campsites and nature trails. Perform grounds work such as mowing, weed eating, trail maintenance, painting and other related tasks.
- Interpretative Leader: Offer educational programs to the public, which can include talks, slide shows or PowerPoint presentations, guided tours, living history, etc. All programs are subject to the park services specialist’s approval.
- Ranger Station Assistant: Operate the ranger station during open hours, greet people and take entry tolls, check in campers, answer telephone and complete other odd jobs. Educate yourself as well as the public on park rules, history, programs/events, facilities and ecology.
- Friends of Anastasia State Park Member: Contribute to Friends of Anastasia awareness and/or set up a FOA booth at the park for special events. Help with new member sign-up, membership recruitment, roadside cleanup and other administrative duties. Serve on the group's board and on the multiple committees.
- Keep the park clean through beach cleanups, trash pick-ups, trail maintenance, exotic plant removal, landscaping and sign cleaning.
- Help interpret the site’s natural and cultural resources to groups ranging from elementary students to adults.
- Lead fundraising efforts for special park projects.
- Assist in transforming current structures to be ADA accessible.
- Help improve nature trails and campsites.
- Create documents to help us advertise events, programs and important information (writing skills, graphic design experience and Microsoft Office experience required).
Long-Term or Ongoing Opportunities
- Assist in event planning and organizing. We have monthly hourlong programs, full-day programs or annual events that all need help!
- Lend a hand in the ranger station to admit park guests.
Please contact the park services specialist at 904-461-2035 to discover how you can get involved.