Experiences & Amenities
Fishing is available on both the Intracoastal Waterway and the Gulf of Mexico and can yield catches of flounder, snook, trout, redfish, snapper, whiting, sheepshead and tarpon.
Scuba diving can be enjoyed along the beaches. You must provide your own equipment.
For everyone's safety, the following rules must be observed:
- All persons participating in scuba diving activities do so at their own risk.
- Each diver must dive within the limits of their certification.
- A dive party must consist of at least two divers.
- A diver-down flag must be displayed.
- Fossils and artifacts must not be disturbed or removed. Aquatic plants must not be trampled or disturbed.
- Do not carve or otherwise deface rocks or any other surfaces.
- Keep a minimum distance of 50 feet between you and manatees at all times.
- Dives must be completed one hour before sunset.
- Spearfishing is not permitted within state park boundaries.
Don Pedro Island State Park is committed to providing a variety of amenities accessible to all of our visitors. These amenities include:
- Picnic facilities with tables and grills.
- Beach wheelchairs are available for free. Inquire with park staff. Note: There is no park office or ranger station.
Service animals are welcome in all areas of Florida State Parks.
Pets are allowed in the park but not on the beaches. They must be well-behaved, cleaned-up after and kept on a six-foot, hand-held leash at all times. Pets must not be left unattended nor taken into restroom facilities or onto playground equipment.
- Service animals are allowed in all areas of the park.
- See our Pet Policy.