Boat Tours at Crystal River
This unique eco-heritage experience hosted by Guest Services is unlike any other boat tour offered in the Crystal River region.
The "Monroe" (24 passengers) is the vessel for a lower river Eco Heritage Tour. The program is available Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Boat tours depart from the park's administrative office at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- To purchase tickets, visit Crystal River Preserve Adventures or call 855-613-2777.
Boats depart from the park's administrative office for a delightful cruise out to the Gulf of Mexico for a spectacular sunset. Enjoy a fun and relaxing evening retreat in nature with refreshments and snacks provided.
- To purchase tickets, visit Crystal River Preserve Adventures or call 855-613-2777. Times vary, based on sunset.
It’s common to hear the keening screech of a bald eagle, observe ospreys diving into the water for fish, and during low tide events, be entertained by an abundance of shorebirds foraging along the waterfront. Bottle-nosed dolphins are frequently sighted searching for their favorite meal of mullet.
Manatees use the main channel of the Crystal River as their main path of travel from the Gulf of Mexico to the freshwater springs of Kings Bay, although they can be a bit elusive to the untrained eye.
- Pontoon boat rentals are now available at the park marina basin. Crystal River Preserve Adventures offers both 18-foot and 23-foot models available for half- and full-day rentals. Reservations are highly encouraged. Visit Crystal River Preserve Adventures or call 855-613-2777 to book.
Kayak Rentals and Guided Kayak Tours
- Crystal River Preserve Adventures offers both kayak rentals and guided kayak tours. Kayaks can be launched from the marina basin or Mullet Hole ramp depending on skill level and conditions. Visit Crystal River Preserve Adventures or call 855-613-2777 to reserve.