Guided Canoe Trips
This incredible canoeing trip is a 4-mile paddle (3-miles for moonlight trip), flowing along with the current of the Blackwater River. Take in the lush greenery that surrounds you as you travel this expansive waterway. As we paddle, there are stops along the way to point out the unique plants, animals and history of the park and the area around it.
This program, sponsored by the Friends of Collier-Seminole State Park, was created to encourage visitors to see the less traveled waters of the Blackwater River. The river, given its name because of its dark looking waters, flows through south Florida. Explore these back waters of the Everglades through the mangrove forest, a journey that only a few have had the pleasure of experiencing. It is a true once in a lifetime event you will not want to miss! For an even more amazing trip, try one of our moonlight trips, available once a month during the full moon, December through March.
- The guided canoe tour is for guests ages 12 and up.
- Canoe, life jackets and paddles are provided.
- We suggest that you wear comfortable clothing and shoes that can get wet.
- Bring plenty of water, bug spray and sun protective wear.
- Make sure that you stop by the restroom before the trip as there are no stops!
Program Contact & Registration
- Park office at 239-394-3397
- $30 per person for Day Trips, plus $5 park entrance fee for up to 8 people in your vehicle. Single occupant $4
- $35 per person for Moonlight trips, plus $5 park entrance fee for up to 8 people in your vehicle. Single occupant $4
- 9 a.m. - Meet at the ranger station to make payment and then proceed to the boat basin/canoe launch area. 7 p.m. for moonlight trip.
- 9:15 a.m. – Be at the boat basin/canoe launch for Introduction and review of paddling strokes and safety tips. 7:15 p.m. for moonlight trip
- 9:30 a.m. – Canoe trip starts and ends about 12:30 p.m. Moonlight trip starts at 7:30 p.m. and ends at 9:30 p.m.