Volunteer at a Florida State Park
Opportunities are diverse – volunteers greet visitors, conduct tours and special events, remove exotic plants, and maintain beaches, waterways and trails.
Campground hosts answer questions, help with maintenance and are available for late-night emergencies. Parks without campgrounds may also have park resident volunteer opportunities. Position descriptions are park-specific. A campsite is provided in return at no charge. Positions are in high-demand, so keep the following in mind:
- Inquire early. Parks book winter volunteers as far as one to two years in advance.
- Most parks, regardless of location, need campground hosts in the summer.
- For a free campsite, volunteers serve a minimum of 24 hours per week, per campsite.
- The maximum length of stay for all locations is 16 weeks.
- Parks with host and park resident opportunities.
Family, community, scouting, civic, corporate, church and student groups are invited to get outdoors and make a difference! Group projects may include beach cleanups, invasive exotic plant removal, trail maintenance, special events and other park improvements. Parks often have exciting opportunities to get involved with alternative spring breaks, National Public Lands Day, Earth Day and more.
Thank you for all you do! To access your volunteer profile, please log in using your user email address and password. Through the volunteer portal, you can enter your volunteer hours, browse opportunities, complete training, sign the volunteer agreement, update your application and other options.
- Make a difference in preserving, interpreting and restoring our natural and cultural resources.
- Contribute your first 50 hours of service and receive a family pass to the park served and six free entrance passes to other state parks.*
- Contribute 250 hours of service and receive a special volunteer pass for you and your family to other state parks.*
- Enjoy volunteer recognition events, certificates, awards and more!
*Some restrictions apply. Good for one year from the date received.