Welcome to Gamble Plantation Historic State Park! Come join us for a look back in time at what plantation life was like at the oldest building in Manatee County! You can escape the heat in our air-conditioned museum as well as experience what it was like to not have power in our historic 1840's Greek Revival style 10 room mansion by guided tour. The Park boasts 17 acres of manicured lawns,...
Some content on this website is saved in an alternative format. To view these files, download the following free software or you can skip to the main content if you already have the appropriate readers.
- Use Adobe Acrobat to read Portable Document Format (PDF) files: Download Adobe® Reader®
- Microsoft Word file viewer and converter programs to enable those who do not have MS- Word or have another version of MS-Word to open and view MS-Word files: Download Word file Viewer
- Microsoft offers Microsoft Excel file viewer and converter programs to enable those who do not have MS-Excel or have another version of MS-Excel to view MS-Excel files:Download Excel file viewer
Gamble Plantation - Geo-Seeking
Geocaching is an outdoor game using hand-held global positioning systems (GPS) devices. It's effectively an inexpensive, interactive, high-tech treasure hunt that's a great way to learn geography. Participants use location coordinates to find caches. Some caches are easy to find; others are more difficult. The biggest reward is the thrill of the search and the discovery of a place where you have never been. Geocaching should have minimal impact to the environment and conscientious land use ethics should be followed.
The Operation Recreation GeoTour hosted by Geocaching.com, stretches from Pensacola to Key West and includes 71 of the First Three Time National Gold Medal Award Winning Florida State Parks and Trails. Visit 20 caches and win the Official Operation Recreation Geocoin. Download and print the Official Tracking Sheet to begin your adventure. Remember to cache and save with unlimited entry for a year with the Florida State Parks Annual Pass.
The Florida Park Service is proud to announce it has launched the Operation Recreation Kids GeoTour. Look inside Operation Recreation GeoTour geocaches for one of six possible Nature Cards. Every cache has one of six species. Record the name of the Florida State Park where you first find each of the six species on the Kids Official Tracking Sheet. Find all six species and win the ORGT Kids GeoTour Geocoin!
Gamble Plantation - Picnicking
Picnic tables are available and located behind the mansion.
Gamble Plantation - Restroom Facilities
ADA accessible restroom facilities are available at the park.
Gamble Plantation - Tours
Guided tours of Gamble Mansion are offered six times daily at 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m. and 4 p.m., Thursday through Monday. A visitor center with a museum is open Thursday through Monday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., closes for lunch at 11: 45 a.m. and reopens at 12:45 p.m. The visitor center is closed and tours are not available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day. Group tours (10 or more people) can be arranged by calling the park at (941) 723-4536.
Gamble Plantation - Visitor Center
Guided tours of Gamble Mansion are offered six times daily at 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m. and 4 p.m., Thursday through Monday. A Visitor Center with a museum is open Thursday through Monday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., closing for lunch at 11:45 a.m. and reopening at 12:45 p.m. The visitor center is closed and tours are not available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day. Group tours (10 or more persons) can be arranged by calling the park at (941) 723-4536.
Gamble Plantation Historic State Park
Essential Eligibility Criteria
Guided Tour - Gamble Mansion
In order to participate in this program, one:
• Must have the ability to follow visual and/or verbal instructions independently or with the assistance of a companion.
• Must have the ability to withstand exposure to the outdoors for a period of 60 minutes.
• Must have the ability to traverse uneven terrain for up to 60 yards.
• Must have the ability to traverse a wooden ramp at an incline of 5 degrees for 8 feet or climb 2 steps 6 inches high with a tread width of 11 inches, independently or with the assistance of a companion. (First Floor)
• Must have the ability to climb 17 steps that are 7 inches high with a tread width of 11 inches, independently or with the assistance of a companion. (Second Floor)
Gamble Plantation - Weddings
Gamble Plantation is a great location for weddings. We are an outdoor venue. Please call the park at (941) 723-4536 for more information.