DEP continues to re-open Florida State Parks as part of the phased plan to re-open Florida.
As these parks re-open areas, experiences and amenities, DEP will be taking measures to ensure the protection of staff and the public. During this phase of re-opening, visitors should expect limited hours, capacity and amenities. Staff, volunteers and visitors are asked to observe social distancing recommendations, such as staying 6 ft. away from others, avoiding groups and avoiding frequently touched surfaces.
The information below contains details about Online Payment, Park Closures, Campground Closures, Park Programs and Events, and Facial Coverings.
Visitor, staff and volunteer safety remain top priorities of the Florida Department of Environmental Protection and the Florida Park Service. To support social distancing efforts, visitors can purchase their admission single-use day pass online ahead of their visit instead of paying at the park. This will allow visitors to limit physical interaction with park staff while entering the park.
No advance Day Pass purchases are available at this time. Your Passes are good only for the same date of purchase. Pre-purchased Day Passes do not guarantee park entry upon arrival.
The following park is closed for day use activities.
- Ybor City Museum State Park - Hillsborough County
As part of the phased re-opening of limited overnight accommodations, measures may be in place to reduce camping density. Currently, no walk-in sites are available. For details on specific parks, please visit their webpage(s).
Our main priority is the safety of our guests and staff. As such, we will continue to review our operations on a daily basis and make additional operational changes as may be deemed necessary for protection of public health. We are implementing new cleaning and disinfection procedures at state parks and campgrounds, which means that periodically public restrooms will be temporarily closed for cleaning. Staff, volunteers and visitors are asked to observe social distancing recommendations, such as staying 6 ft. away from others, avoiding groups and avoiding frequently touched surfaces. Due to precautions for COVID-19, communal spaces such as pavilions, playgrounds and picnic areas may be closed to public use. To reduce risk, cash transactions for park admission are limited to exact change.
We appreciate your understanding as we adjust to new safety procedures, and we are happy to welcome you back to Florida State Parks.
Campground re-opening exceptions
- Cayo Costa State Park - Lee County (Reduced capacity to support social distancing)
- Florida Caverns State Park - Jackson County (Campground closed due to hurricane damage)
- Little Manatee River State Park - Hillsborough County (Campground closed for park renovations)
- Suwannee River State Park - Suwannee County (Reduced capacity to support social distancing)
- T.H. Stone Memorial St. Joseph Peninsula State Park - Gulf County (Campground closed due to hurricane damage)
Park Programs and Events
Florida State Parks has begun a phased return of programs and events.
View event details
Your safety and the safety of our visitors is our priority. Effective immediately, Florida State Parks will follow local orders requiring facial coverings or masks to provide for staff and visitor safety. Some city and county commissioners are issuing requirements for masks to be worn in public, indoors or in other specific situations. These regulations can have exceptions which vary at the local level, where one city may have different rules than the next. Masks will not be required in outdoor areas with a roof such as pavilions, shelters or pole barns unless safe social distancing cannot be maintained. For details on specific parks, please visit their park webpage(s).
The following parks have local mask order.
- Alafia River State Park
- Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park
- Amelia Island State Park
- Anastasia State Park
- Anclote Key Preserve State Park
- Atlantic Ridge Preserve State Park
- Bahia Honda State Park
- Big Lagoon State Park
- Big Talbot Island State Park
- Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park
- Caladesi Island State Park
- Cockroach Bay Preserve State Park
- Curry Hammock State Park
- Dagny Johnson Key Largo Hammock Botanical State Park
- Devil's Millhopper Geological State Park
- Dr. Von D. Mizell-Eula Johnson State Park
- Dudley Farm Historic State Park
- Egmont Key State Park
- Faver-Dykes State Park
- Fernandina Plaza Historic State Park
- Florida Keys Overseas Heritage Trail
- Fort Clinch State Park
- Fort George Island Cultural State Park
- Fort Mose Historic State Park
- Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park
- Gainesville-to-Hawthorne State Trail
- George Crady Bridge Fishing Pier State Park
- Hillsborough River State Park
- Honeymoon Island State Park
- Hugh Taylor Birch State Park
- Indian Key Historic State Park
- John D. MacArthur Beach State Park
- John Gorrie Museum State Park
- John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park
- Jonathan Dickinson State Park
- Kissimmee Prairie Preserve State Park
- Lake Jackson Mounds Archaeological State Park
- Lake Talquin State Park
- Lignumvitae Key Botanical State Park
- Little Manatee River State Park
- Little Talbot Island State Park
- Long Key State Park
- Lower Wekiva River Preserve State Park
- Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings Historic State Park
- Natural Bridge Battlefield Historic State Park
- O'Leno State Park
- Oleta River State Park
- Orman House Historic State Park
- Palatka-to-Lake Butler State Trail
- Palatka-to-St. Augustine State Trail
- Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park
- Pumpkin Hill Creek Preserve State Park
- Ravine Gardens State Park
- River Rise Preserve State Park
- Rock Springs Run State Reserve
- San Felasco Hammock Preserve State Park
- San Pedro Underwater Archaeological Preserve State Park
- Savannas Preserve State Park
- Seabranch Preserve State Park
- Sebastian Inlet State Park
- Skyway Fishing Pier State Park
- St. Lucie Inlet Preserve State Park
- St. Marks River Preserve State Park
- St. Sebastian River Preserve State Park
- Tallahassee-St. Marks Historic Railroad State Trail
- The Barnacle Historic State Park
- Torreya State Park
- Wekiwa Springs State Park
- Werner-Boyce Salt Springs State Park
- Windley Key Fossil Reef Geological State Park
- Withlacoochee State Trail
- Ybor City Museum State Park
- Yellow Bluff Fort Historic State Park