Park After Dark: Moonlight Paddle
215 Lightfoot Rd.
Wimauma FL 33598
Meet at the Equestrian Parking Lot, approximately two miles past the ranger station on the left.
- Dude Lake is a 1/3 mile walk from the equestrian parking lot.
- Directions will be posted in the park on the evening of the program.
- Park admission fees apply. Please use the honor system at the ranger station to pay after hours entrance fees.
- Registered campers attend for free. $5 Vehicle entrance (2-8 people) $4 Vehicle entrance (1 person) $2 Per Person if entering on bicycle, foot, horseback or extra persons.
By day, the lake sits quiet and still, a hidden refuge for frogs, fish, turtles and alligators. By night, the wetlands awake with the nocturnal wildlife that call it home.
Join us for a guided canoe tour on Dude Lake by moonlight. Experience the sights and sounds of one of the most active wetlands in the park after dark!
- Canoe space is limited. Call the ranger station at 813-671-5005 to register, beginning November 1, 2019.
- All skills and abilities welcome.
- A brief canoe/kayak safety orientation will be provided prior to launch.
- Each vessel must have at least one person 18 years or older. Park canoe requirements and regulations apply.
- Participants should wear comfortable, close-toed or water shoes, and bring insect repellant, water, and a flashlight or headlamp with red lens.
Park After Dark Programs will take place in light rain or moonshine. In cases of severe inclement weather, contact the ranger station 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. the day of the program. This program is one of the "Park After Dark" series, programs that celebrate the night! Come for one or all, as we explore the park after dark, every 2nd Saturday August - December.
Florida State Parks are in various stages of accessibility. For more information on program accessibility, review the Essential Eligibility Criteria posted on the park website. If you need assistance to make your participation possible, please call 813-671-5005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The park will strive to make all reasonable accommodations to provide 'Access for All'. A minimum of two weeks may be required to make specific arrangements.