Lights At Night
2100 W French Avenue
Orange City FL 32763
Please meet us on the Thursby House Lawn at 7:45 PM
Park entrance fee
- $4 (individual in a vehicle)
- $6 (2 to 8 persons in a vehicle) applies to all visitors.
- $10 per vehicle (All funds go to CSO and donated to the park for park improvements).
All visitors attending the event must obtain an After-Hours Parking Permit. The After-Hours Parking Permit can be obtained at the Ranger Station (entrance) or CSO table (Thursby House).
Join us for an evening walk on our boardwalk and enjoy the beauty of the fireflies as they light up the sky.
Visitors are invited to come to the park before closing and stay for one hour after closing to take in the view. Visitors will learn about firefly behavior and why it is important to protect their habitat.
- Arrive at the park by 7 p.m. to gain entrance to the event. Visitors must obtain an After-Hours Permit from the Ranger Station or CSO table to stay for the event.
- ***The event will be postponed if it is raining the night of the event. Please contact our Ranger Station at 386-775-3663 for updates. ***
- Flashlights cannot be used during the event
- No flash photography.
- Event is sponsored by the Friends of Blue Spring State Park. All fees collected will go toward park improvement.
- The After-Hours Parking Permit is for one hour after closing. Please exit the park after the event.
- No pets please. Some areas are confined and it will be very dark.
Essential Eligibility Criteria
In order to participate in this program, you:
- Must be able to comfortably walk or maneuver 1 mile on a concrete or boardwalk surface and on an unpaved surface.
- Must have the ability to follow verbal and/or visual instructions independently or with the assistance of a companion.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to the environment for a period of one hour (Heat, cold and insect bites are the primary concerns)
- Must be able to participate in a group setting without being disruptive. Warmer nights are better than cooler nights.