Fish Out Of Water Extreme 5K Cross Country Race
6131 Commercial Way
Weeki Wachee FL 34606
- $40 – Running-5k Cross Country
- Individual Runner $20 – Running-5k Cross Country - Student
If you want to experience an extreme course, you will love Fish Out of Water Extreme 5K XC Race!
Brought to you by the Friends of Weeki Wachee and the Weeki Wachee High School XC Team.
Runner packet pick-up will start on Friday, Jan. 31, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Weeki Wachee Springs State Park. We encourage you to pick up your packets on this day in order to avoid long wait times. You may also pick up your packets on Saturday, Feb. 1, from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. All runners who register after Jan. 26, 2020, will be able to pick up packets only on the morning of the race. Packets for runners registered after Jan. 26 will not be available for pick-up on Jan. 31, 2020.
Please dress according to the weather. Feel free to dress up in your mermaid attire. The first 50 runners registered will receive a swag bag! Again, we ask that you read the information about the facts and description regarding this 5K XC course.
The Friends of Weeki Wachee is a nonprofit group that helps support the needs of Weeki Wachee Springs State Park. We are happy to be partnering up with Weeki Wachee High School XC Team. All proceeds will go to the Friends of Weeki Wachee as well as Weeki Wachee High School XC Team.
- For more information, please see the Facebook page @weekiwacheesprings.
- In order to participate in this run, you must have the ability to traverse uneven and unstable sugar sand/lime rock terrain for 3.11 miles independently or with little assistance of a companion.
- You must have the ability to withstand exposure to the outdoors and tolerate bright sunlight for up to one hour.
- Please keep in mind that on this course you may have potential animal encounters, such as but not limited to deer, coyote, bobcat, Florida panther, raccoon, armadillo, snakes; diamondback rattlesnake, cottonmouth, coachwhip, corn snake, rough green snake, black racer, gopher tortoise, six-lined racerunner, ticks, mosquitoes, horse flies and wasps.
- Strollers will not be permitted on this course. However, well-behaved leashed dogs are welcome! Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets.