Thank you for your interest in Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park. Our park rangers and volunteers are looking forward to your visit. Whether you are visiting for the day or plan on camping with us for a week, Paynes Prairie has much to offer. This is a great time to explore the park. With sunny days and warm nights, you and your family can immerse yourselves in The Real Florida....
Some content on this website is saved in an alternative format. To view these files, download the following free software or you can skip to the main content if you already have the appropriate readers.
- Use Adobe Acrobat to read Portable Document Format (PDF) files: Download Adobe® Reader®
- Microsoft Word file viewer and converter programs to enable those who do not have MS- Word or have another version of MS-Word to open and view MS-Word files: Download Word file Viewer
- Microsoft offers Microsoft Excel file viewer and converter programs to enable those who do not have MS-Excel or have another version of MS-Excel to view MS-Excel files:Download Excel file viewer
Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park
The park is open from 8 a.m. until sundown, 365 days a year.
Ranger Station Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays; 8:00 a.m. to Sundown Fridays, Saturdays, and Holidays
Main Entrance Admission
- $6 per vehicle, limit 2-8 people per vehicle
- $4 Single Occupant Vehicle
- $2 Pedestrians, bicyclists, extra passengers, passengers in vehicle with holder of Annual Individual Entrance Pass
LaChua Trail Admission
- $4 per vehicle
Bolen Bluff Admission
- $2 per vehicle, limit 8 people
Picnic Pavilion Rental
- $30 plus tax - Picnic pavilion seats 65 people
- $18 per night, plus tax, plus a non-refundable $6.70 reservation fee. Includes water and electricity.
Florida residents who are 65 years of age or older or who hold a social security disability award certificate or a 100% disability award certificate from the Federal Government are permitted to receive a 50% discount on current base campsite fees (Proof of eligibility).
Primitive Camping (hike-in only)
- $5 per person, per night