Help fulfill the Florida State Parks' mission by assisting park staff to preserve, interpret and restore ...the Real FloridaSM. Each year, more than 14,000 volunteers and 80+ Friends Groups contribute over 1.2 million hours to make our state parks the best they can be.
Join us and make a difference! For more information, download the Volunteer Overview (PDF - 3Mb).
You are an integral part of the Florida Park Service team and the work that we do. We really appreciate the time and talents you contribute!
Opportunities are diverse – volunteers greet visitors, conduct tours, special events, remove exotic plants or maintain a beach, waterway or trail.
Campground Hosts and Resident Volunteers
Campground hosts answer questions, help with maintenance and are available for late-night emergencies. Parks without campgrounds may also have resident volunteer opportunities. Position descriptions are park-specific. A campsite is provided in return at no charge. Positions are highly coveted, so keep the following in mind:
- Inquire early. Parks book winter volunteers as far as 1-2 years in advance.
- Most parks, regardless of location, need campground hosts in the summer.
- For a free campsite, volunteers serve a minimum of 20 hours a week.
- The maximum length of stay for all locations is 16 weeks.
- Download list of parks with host and resident opportunities
Family, community, scouting, civic, corporate, church and student groups are invited to get outdoors and make a difference! Group projects may include beach clean-ups, invasive exotic plant removal, trail maintenance, special events and other park improvements. Parks often have exciting opportunities to get involved with alternative spring breaks, National Public Lands Day, Earth Day and more.
Thank you for all you do! To access your volunteer profile, please login using your user email address and password. Using the volunteer portal, you can enter your volunteer hours, browse opportunities, complete training, sign the volunteer agreement, update your application and more.
- Make a difference in preserving, interpreting and restoring our natural and cultural resources
- Contribute 100 hours of service - receive free admission to the park you serve for you and your family
- Contribute 500 hours of service - receive an Annual Park Pass for free admission to all parks
- Volunteer recognition events, certificates, awards and more!