Olustee Battle Reenactment
5815 Battlefield Trail Road
Olustee FL 32087
- Adults - $12
- School-age children - $6
- Pre-school age children – FREE
- Preregistered groups for school day, Friday February 14 - $5 per person
156th Anniversary of the Civil War and the 43rd Annual Reenactment
The Battle of Olustee was fought on Feb. 20, 1864. Full-scale artillery, mounted cavalry and three African American regiments, took part in the battle that ended with 2,807 casualties and a Confederate victory. The 54th Massachusetts was among the African American troops that fought at Olustee.
The living history weekend features a Civil War-era battle reenactment on Saturday at 3:30 p.m., as well as the reenactment of the Battle of Olustee on Sunday at 1:30 p.m. Period music concerts and crafts, lectures, battlefield surgical practices and the lives of civilians during the war will be portrayed by re-enactors. Military camps and drills by infantry and artillery are scheduled throughout the weekend. Color ceremonies, Cavalry, Authentic camps, exhibits, food and much more.
- On Friday, educational programs are planned for students. School groups may call (386) 397-7005 to register for the event.
The Olustee Battle Civil War Reenactment is sponsored by the Florida Park Service, U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Olustee Battlefield Citizen Support Organization and The Blue Grey Army of Florida, Inc.
Friday, Feb. 14, educational programs are planned for students. School groups may call (386) 397-7005 to register for the event.
- Food concessions will be available.
- Pets are not allowed at the Olustee Battlefield Historic State Park during the reenactment.
- ATM not available - credit/debit cards not accepted
- Parking along US 90 at the Battlefield is no longer permissible. Free shuttle service will be provided to the park from designated parking areas near the event. Designated parking areas to be announced.
- Participant Requirement