Kayak Tour @ Curry Hammock State ParkWednesday, August 1, 2018 - 8:00am to 12:00pm EDT
Single Kayak Rental: $17.20
Double Kayak Rental: $21.50
Take a 90-minute paddle around one of the islands that comprise Curry Hammock State Park. This ranger-led tour will give you an appreciation for the fragility of the nearshore ecosystem. You will see some of the damage man has caused and learn of the ongoing effort to preserve this valuable resource.
Tours are limited to six kayaks. Visitors should bring their own or rent from the park.
Registration is recommended.
Guided Nature Walk @ John D. MacArthur Beach State ParkWednesday, August 1, 2018 - 10:00am to 11:30am EDT
Free with park admission.
Join us for a guided exploration of MacArthur Beach State Park daily at 10:00 a.m. Meet in front of the Park's Nature Center.
Bring a water bottle, sunscreen and insect repellant.
Decorative Grapevine Wreath Class @ Dade Battlefield Historic State ParkWednesday, August 1, 2018 - 10:00am to 12:00pm EDT
$3 per vehicle park entrance fee plus $5 per person class fee. Children 12 and under pay no class fee.
Join park staff and volunteers in learning to craft decorative wreaths from native grapevines.
Essential Eligibility Criteria
Dade Battlefield Historic State Park
Decorative Grapevine Wreath Class
In order to participate in this program, one:
• Must have the ability to withstand exposure to an enclosed air conditioned and/or heated building for up to 2 hours during the day.
• Must have the ability to withstand exposure to the outdoors for up to 2 hours.
• Must have the ability to work seated at a banquet and/or picnic table, independently or with the assistance of a companion.
• Must have the ability to follow visual and/or verbal instructions independently or with the assistance of a companion.
• Must be able to work with natural materials (e.g. grape vines, pine cones, corn husks) with assistance provided as desired.