September Photo Challenge @ Ravine Gardens State ParkMonday, September 4, 2017 - 8:00am EDT to Friday, September 29, 2017 - 4:00pm EDT
Free with regular park entry fees.
Raymond Presley, (386) 329-3721, email@example.com
The Friends of Ravine Gardens, Inc., is hosting a photo challenge during each month of 2017. Each month will have a different theme. Contact the park at (386) 329-3721 on the start date of each challenge to request the theme of the month.
Bring your camera and explore the park to get the perfect shot and submit your photo for a chance to win! Along with recognition, the winner will be awarded two, day entry passes good for Florida’s 174 award-winning state parks, trails and historic sites, up to 8 people for most parks. Monthly first-place winners are also automatically entered to win a grand prize at the end of the 2017 Photo Contest term.
Monthly Submissions will be open the first Monday of each month, and run until the last Friday of the month. This month’s contest will run starting on 09/04/2017 and all entries must be received by 09/29/2017.
Photographs must be taken within Ravine Gardens State Park. You may submit up to two photos. Digital photographs must be a minimum resolution of 1024x768 (or higher) pixels. All photographs must be submitted in a digital format (in either a .jpg, .tif, or .png format) and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contestants must also complete a photo release form upon entry, which can be found here.
FROGRS Guided Kayak Tour @ Gamble Rogers Memorial State Recreation Area at Flagler BeachMonday, September 4, 2017 - 10:00am to 12:00pm EDT
- The cost of the tour is $35 per person and includes the rental of a single kayak, tandem kayak or canoe. It will be $10 if you bring your own kayak.
- Registration is limited to the first 12 people and payment is needed to secure your reservation.
- Pay with a credit card online through PayPal, or make payment of cash or check at the ranger station.
- The proceeds benefit the Friends of Gamble Rogers State Park (FROGRS), our community service organization.
- Park admission for the day is not included.
- To request assistance or information, please call (386) 517-2086 or email Celena.Cline@dep.state.fl.us.
Ranger Station, 386-517-2086
Register now for our two-hour guided kayak tour exploring the salt marsh. Learn about the importance of this dynamic ecosystem while paddling peacefully in one of the park’s kayaks. All levels of experience are welcome. Participant's will receive a brief demonstration on: safety, gear requirements and basic kayaking techniques. Bring bug repellent, water and dress appropriately for the weather. Kids in double kayaks must be at least 12 years old. Kids in single kayaks must be at least 16 years old. Please call the park to register for this tour at 386-517-2086.