The Real Florida Reader
Your Library Card is Your Pass to Adventure
With your public library card, check out the Real Florida Reader Day Pass that provides free park admission to Florida's state parks. If you don’t have a library card, visit your local library to get one. The library card and park pass are free!
Florida has 175 state parks that showcase our state's natural and cultural resources. With the Real Florida Reader Pass, you can continue your learning adventure while enjoying time exploring new places. For an extra challenge, check out a book about Florida’s wildlife and natural resources, and see if you can identify any of the flora, fauna or habitats seen at the park.
Things to Know
Each library location will receive an allotted number of passes for checkout by library patrons.
- Good for one vehicle, up to eight people.
- Excludes Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife, Skyway Pier and Weeki Wachee Springs state parks.
- Does not include entry to federal parks, national forests or national wildlife refuges.
- For day use access only. Does not include camping or any other fees.
- Circulation of the passes may vary by library location. Please return the day pass to the same location.
- Pass is valid only through Sept. 12, 2022.
- Check with your local library for guidelines and policies for returning your pass. Passes will need to be checked out and returned at the same library location.
The Real Florida Reader is a statewide collaboration between Florida State Parks and the Florida Department of State, Division of Library and Information Services to encourage visitation to libraries and parks this summer.