View All Parks Director's Message

Yulee Sugar Mill Ruins Historic State Park

 Park Activities

Pets Icon Pets
Picnicking Icon Picnicking

 Contact this Park

State Road 490
Homosassa, Florida

(352) 795-3817

 Park Information

Hours

Fees

Regional Map of Florida Southeast Region Southwest Region Central Region Northeast Region Northwest Region
Ruins of the sugar mill at Yulee Sugar Mill Ruins Historic State Park.

 Welcome to Yulee Sugar Mill Ruins Historic State Park

This site was once part of a thriving sugar plantation owned by David Levy Yulee. Yulee was a member of the Territorial Legislative Council, and served in the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate after Florida statehood. The park contains the remnants of the once-thriving 5,100-acre sugar plantation: a forty-foot limestone masonry chimney, iron gears, and a cane press. The steam-driven mill operated from 1851 to 1864 and served as a supplier of sugar products for southern troops during the Civil War.