Statewide Junior Ranger Program
Junior Rangers, Explore …the Real Florida!
The Florida State Parks Junior Ranger Program provides the opportunity for young people to learn, serve and share our parks' natural and cultural resources.
How it Works
- Visit any participating Florida State Park and ask for a Junior Ranger Kit.
- Complete the 6 CORE Activities from the kit.
- Review the 6 CORE Activities with park staff.
- Recite the Junior Ranger Pledge to receive a Certificate, Member ID Card and the Official Junior Ranger PASSPORT!
- Complete more activities to earn stamps for your PASSPORT.
- Turn in your completed PASSPORT to receive an Official Junior Ranger Badge, Patch or Pin!
Where You Can Do Junior Ranger
Participating Florida State Parks are found throughout the state. We also offer a complete list of participating parks.
Complete Junior Ranger Activities
By completing activities, you will receive stamps from Park Staff in your PASSPORT for completed activities. You will learn important aspects about protecting Florida State Parks and will become eligible for Junior Ranger rewards such as patches, badges and pins.
If you wish to have your materials ready before visiting a park, Junior Ranger Activites are available for download and printing. You can even download and print your very own PASSPORT using the links below:
- Download and print a Junior Ranger Activities:
Learn the Junior Ranger Pledge
"As a Junior Ranger, I promise to protect the plants, animals, water, geological features, culture and history of Florida State Parks. I promise to continue to learn about parks and share what I have learned with other as I Explore …the Real FloridaSM."
Membership ID Card
Junior Rangers can get their membership cards punched for one free entry into any Florida State Park. Good for one vehicle, up to 8 except at Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park and Weeki Wachee Springs State Park, where pass is good for two people. Does not include Skyway Fishing Pier State Park, camping or other fees.
Submit the Completed Passport
Follow these steps to submit your completed PASSPORT to get fun rewards:
- Circle which reward item you would like to receive (one per PASSPORT) on the back of the PASSPORT.
- Send your PASSPORT by email or mail:
Email: take a picture or scan both sides of the PASSPORT and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: Mail your PASSPORT to:
Junior Ranger Program, Department of Environmental Protection
3900 Commonwealth Blvd., MS#535
Tallahassee, FL 32399-3000
Please include your name and Member ID Number so we can send you your reward item.
Take the Social Challenge
Follow Florida State Parks on social media and watch for Junior Ranger posts with a Social Challenge! Participate by sharing your Junior Ranger experience and using #FLStateParksJrRanger.