The Barnacle Historic State Park
About The Barnacle Historic State Park
A NOTE FROM THE MANAGER
Summer is hanging on judging from the humidity lately but the skies are clear blue and the light has that almost imperceptible slant that means change is coming. The night time rains wash away the dust leaving the newly-restored lawn a vibrant green, squirrels scurry to and fro, sometimes stopping for a friendly (?) game of chase with each other proving that life in the park goes on...and autumn is on the way!
There is a full event schedule this season, with our usual monthly Moonlight concerts and Old Time Dances as well as Yoga by the Sea each Monday and Wednesday beginning at 6 p.m. There are two big volunteer work days - National Public Lands Day in September and Make a Difference Day in October, so think about coming out to help with either or both of those days. Our event featuring the four-legged family members, Dog Days has moved to October and the Mad Hatter Arts Festival returns in November. The Barnacle Society is planning a 50s-style sock hop as their fall fundraiser and we'll round out the fall events with the Starlight Movie Classics in December with a showing of Gunga Din.
There truly is something for everyone at The Barnacle. So visit the park’s event page to learn more details about what’s happening next at YOUR state park.
Don't forget to check out the current issue of The News Packet, the newsletter of The Barnacle Society, Inc. Better yet, ask about becoming a member!
The Barnacle is located in Coconut Grove (Miami) at 3485 Main Highway.
- Volunteer -
Learn about volunteer opportunities at The Barnacle Historic State Park.
- For forms, information and benefits of volunteering visit Get Involved.
- The Barnacle Society, Inc.
- c/oThe Barnacle Historic State Park
3485 Main Highway
Coconut Grove, FL 33133
- Florida State Parks Pet Policy
- Pets are permitted on park grounds but not inside historic buildings. Where pets are allowed, they must be kept on a six-foot, handheld leash and be well-behaved at all times. Service animals are welcome in all areas of the park, as required by law. Pets are not permitted at park special events, including the Moonlight Concert Series.