Manatee Springs State Park
About Manatee Springs State Park
A NOTE FROM THE MANAGER
The weather is perfect for hiking and camping here at Manatee Springs. It is a great time for enjoying the outdoors. We have great camping sites available and the wildlife is abundant. Grab a pole, catch some fish or Come join us on one of our moonlight paddles on the historic
We have a lot of great programs provided by our staff for you and your family.
The spring run is open to boating, be sure to bring your canoe or kayak and take a trip on the
If you are a SCUBA diver, proof of certification is required and you must have a diving partner (no solo diving). All divers must check in by 3:00 p.m. and check out by 5:00 p.m. If manatees are present in the spring, SCUBA diving is not allowed. Catfish sink is open for diving and manatees are not able to enter that location.
Rentals, concessions, and camp store are available from Anderson's Outdoor Adventures in the concession stand at the waterfront. Call (352) 493-1699 or visit www.andersonsoutdooradventures.com for details.
Manatee Springs State Park is located at the end of S.R. 320, off U.S. 98, six miles west of Chiefland.
- Volunteer -
Volunteer at Manatee Springs State Park!
Manatee Springs State Park is seeking motivated and dedicated individuals to help with park projects and operations. We are recruiting applicants for the following volunteer and host positions. Please click on the position you are interested in to learn more about the opportunities available.
- Campground host positions are now available. Campground Host Position Description (PDF - 0.42KB)
- Waterfront Volunteer positions are now available. Waterfront Volunteer Position Description (PDF - 0.40KB)
- Ranger Station Volunteers are now available. Ranger Station Volunteer Position Description (PDF - 0.25KB)
- General Maintenance and project Volunteer positions are now available. General Volunteer Position Description (PDF - 0.40KB)
For more information and how to get involved please contact:
Park Services Specialist, Teri Graves
- For forms, information and benefits of volunteering visit Get Involved.
- Friends of Manatee Springs Parks, Inc.
- 11650 N.W. 115th Street
Chiefland, FL 32626
Anderson's Outdoor Adventures -
Contact phone numbers:
Bill's Fish Camp & Motel at Anderson's Landing -
To provide motel, camping and boat docking services.
Contact Owen Prince, (352) 542-7086
Tri-County Vending, Inc. -
Vending machine service.
Contact Martin Pelt, (352) 258-8673