Madison Blue Spring was once used by local inhabitants as a fresh water source. The water flow from a large cavern 25 feet deep contributes to 23.7 percent of flow into the opposite direction of the Withlacoochee River, resulting in a large arc of clear water and swept river bottom.
This home and barn, belonging to Austin Woodard in the 1920s, were located on what is now park property.
Young men set up camp at Madison Blue Spring in the 1950s. Although camping is no longer offered, guests can still enjoy the natural beauty of the spring or take a canoe trip along the Withlacoochee River.
Ladies enjoy a day out at Madison Blue Spring in 1952. The spring was, and still is, a very popular spot.