San Pedro Underwater Archaeological Preserve State Park
Essential Eligibility Criteria
San Pedro Self-guided Tour
In order to participate in this program, one:
- Must have ability to travel over water to underwater site marked with mooring buoys, approximately 2 miles from nearest shore.
- Must have ability to board and disembark from boat transportation independently or with the assistance of a companion and/or with the use of adaptive equipment.
- Must have ability to tolerate full sun on entire trip since there is no shade.
- Must have ability to follow verbal and/or visual instructions independently or with the assistance of a companion.
- Must have ability to withstand exposure to the outdoors for a period of approximately 2-3 hours.
If snorkeling, one:
- Must have the ability to enter and exit the water.
- Must have the ability to display Diver-Down flag as required by state law.
In the event of a capsize, one:
- Must have the ability to right oneself and remain face up in the water with aid of a properly fitted personal floatation device.