Indian Key Historic State Park
Essential Eligibility Criteria
Ranger-led or Self-guided Walking Tour
In order to participate in this program, one:
- Must have ability to board and disembark from boat transportation independently or with the assistance of a companion and/or with the use of adaptive equipment.
- Must have ability to traverse trail terrain independently or with the assistance of a companion for approximately 1/3-mile or 1,896 feet.
- Must have the ability to tolerate warm to hot humid temperatures.
- Must have the ability to follow verbal and/or visual instructions independently or with the assistance of a companion.
- Must have the ability to withstand exposure to the outdoors for a period of approximately 1½ hours.
In the event of capsize, one:
- Must have the ability to right oneself and remain face up in the water with aid of a properly fitted personal floatation device.