Suwannee River State Park
Essential Eligibility Criteria
In order to participate in this program,one:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must not exceed 500 pounds, including all people and gear.
- Must have the ability to follow verbal directions and/or visual instructions independently or with the assistance of a companion in the canoe.
- Must have the ability to wear a properly fitted personal flotation device.
- Must have the ability to carry paddles and flotation devices from the Ranger Station to the boat launching area and return.
- Must have the ability to remove and return the canoe to its holding area as well as unlocking the canoe and relocking it.
- Must have the ability to remain seated, maneuver and balance independently or with the assistance of a companion or with the use of adaptive equipment.
- Must have at least one person in the canoe/kayak with the ability to move it through the water in a stable manner and return it back to the launching area.
In the event of a capsize:
- One must have the ability to get out from under the canoe independently.
- One must have the ability to right one self and remain face up in the water with the aide of a personal flotation device.