• Must have the ability to follow verbal and/or visual instructions independently or with assistance of a companion.
• Must have the ability to go up and down five steps that are 3 inches high by 12 inches wide with an incline of 1:12 independently, with the assistance of a companion or with the use of adaptive equipment.
• Must not exceed 875 pounds.
• Must have the ability to withstand exposure to the outdoors for the duration of the canoe rental period.
• Must have the ability to wear a properly fitted personal flotation device.
• Must have the ability to enter and exit the canoe/kayak independently, with the assistance of a companion or with the use of adaptive equipment. The river level is affected by tidal changes which change the distance from the last step to the water by up to four feet.
• Must have At least one person in the canoe/kayak with the ability to move it through the water in a stable manner and return it back to the launching area.
In the event of a capsize:
• One must have the ability to get out from under the water craft, independently.
• One must have the ability to right oneself and remain face up in the water with the aid of a personal flotation device.