Curry Hammock State Park
About Curry Hammock State Park
A NOTE FROM THE MANAGER
Keys' winter is here and the weather is beautiful. As our busy season begins campsites are scarce, but we encourage you to keep checking Reserve America for cancellations. With temperatures dropping into the 70s, visitors are enjoying a beautiful walk through our hammock on our mile and a half nature trail. We also encourage visitors to kayak or paddleboard through our beautiful mangrove tunnel, and circumnavigate Little Crawl Key. While visiting the park, join a Ranger for a guided nature walk on Tuesday mornings, or a guided kayak tour on Wednesday mornings. Reservations are required. Please call the Ranger Station at (305) 289-2690 for more information or reservations. Kayak and paddleboard rentals are available from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. Come join us and experience the Florida Keys as they used to be.
Don't forget to check out the February 2014 issue of Making Waves - the newsletter of the Friends of the Islamorada Area State Parks, Inc. Better yet, ask about becoming a member!
- Curry Hammock State Park is located along both sides of U.S. 1 starting at Little Crawl Key, Mile Marker 56.2, 11 miles west of Long Key. The entrance to the facilities is on the oceanside of U.S. 1.
- For forms, information and benefits of volunteering visit Get Involved.
- Friends of the Islamorada Area State Parks, Inc.
P.O. Box 236
Islamorada, FL 33036
- Florida State Parks Pet Policy
- Pets are not permitted on beaches, in picnic shelters or in the bathhouses. In the areas where pets are allowed they must be on a six-foot hand held leash and be well behaved at all times. Service animals are welcome in all areas of the park, as required by law.