Curry Hammock State Park
About Curry Hammock State Park
A NOTE FROM THE MANAGER
As we proceed into our summer season and say goodbye to our winter visitors from up north, spaces in our campground are becoming available. Check with Reserve America (1-800-326-3521) to make your reservations.
Summer is a great time to enjoy the outdoor activities the park has to offer. Remember to use sunscreen and drink plenty of water as the temperatures start to climb. Rent a kayak or paddleboard to check out the sea life in the shallow seagrass beds or explore the nearby sandbar as you enjoy a cooling sea breeze. Take a hike along our 1.5-mile nature trail, try your luck with a fishing pole, or maybe you would prefer to just hang out and relax on the beach. Bring your friend or better yet the whole family for a fun-filled day. Have a picnic in one of our shelters overlooking the beach, grills are available for your use. Ranger-guided programs are available Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. Please call the Ranger Station at (305) 289-2690 for more information or tour reservations. Kayak and paddleboard rentals are available from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., and are a great way to see "…the Real Florida."
Don't forget to check out the February 2014 issue of Making Waves - the newsletter of the Friends of the Islamorada Area State Parks, Inc. Better yet, ask about becoming a member!
- Curry Hammock State Park is located along both sides of U.S. 1 starting at Little Crawl Key, Mile Marker 56.2, 11 miles west of Long Key. The entrance to the facilities is on the oceanside of U.S. 1.
- For forms, information and benefits of volunteering visit Get Involved.
- Friends of the Islamorada Area State Parks, Inc.
P.O. Box 236
Islamorada, FL 33036
- Florida State Parks Pet Policy
- Pets are not permitted on beaches, in picnic shelters or in the bathhouses. In the areas where pets are allowed they must be on a six-foot hand held leash and be well behaved at all times. Service animals are welcome in all areas of the park, as required by law.