Curry Hammock State Park
About Curry Hammock State Park
A NOTE FROM THE MANAGER
As we proceed into our spring season, we say goodbye to our visitors from the north, and are anticipating the return of the turtles to our beach for nesting season starting in mid-April. Campground reservations are filling up but keep checking with Reserve America (1-800-362-3521) to see if dates are available. While visiting the park, take a kayak tour on Wednesday mornings or a guided nature walk on Tuesday mornings. Reservations are required. Please call the Ranger Station at (305) 289-2690 for more information or to sign up for a program. Kayak rentals are available from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., and also inquire about our limited availability of paddleboards. This is a great way to see "...the Real Florida."
Don't forget to check out the recent issue of Making Waves - the newsletter of the Friends of the Islamorada Area State Parks, Inc. Better yet, ask about becoming a member!
- Curry Hammock State Park is located along both sides of U.S. 1 starting at Little Crawl Key, Mile Marker 56.2, 11 miles west of Long Key. The entrance to the facilities is on the oceanside of U.S. 1.
- For forms, information and benefits of volunteering visit Get Involved.
- Friends of the Islamorada Area State Parks, Inc.
P.O. Box 236
Islamorada, FL 33036
- Florida State Parks Pet Policy
- Pets are not permitted on beaches, in picnic shelters or in the bathhouses. In the areas where pets are allowed they must be on a six-foot hand held leash and be well behaved at all times. Service animals are welcome in all areas of the park, as required by law.