Curry Hammock State Park
About Curry Hammock State Park
A NOTE FROM THE MANAGER
As we proceed into our Fall season, and with the cooler weather just around the corner, more and more people are enjoying outside activities. The Florida Keys Hawk Watch will be counting the migrating raptors through November. Come watch as thousands of birds fly over Curry Hammock on the way to their wintering grounds in the Caribbean and points further south. Take a hike along our 1.5-mile nature trail, paddle out through the mangroves, or try your luck with a fishing pole. Ranger-guided programs are available Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. Please call the Ranger Station at (305) 289-2690 for more information or tour reservations. Kayak and Paddleboard rentals are available from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., and are a great way to see "...the Real Florida.”
Don't forget to check out the most recent issue of Making Waves - the newsletter of the Friends of the Islamorada Area State Parks, Inc. Better yet, ask about becoming a member!
- Curry Hammock State Park is located along both sides of U.S. 1 starting at Little Crawl Key, Mile Marker 56.2, 11 miles west of Long Key. The entrance to the facilities is on the oceanside of U.S. 1.
- For forms, information and benefits of volunteering visit Get Involved.
- Friends of the Islamorada Area State Parks, Inc.
P.O. Box 236
Islamorada, FL 33036
- Florida State Parks Pet Policy
- Pets are not permitted on beaches, in picnic shelters or in the bathhouses. In the areas where pets are allowed they must be on a six-foot hand held leash and be well behaved at all times. Service animals are welcome in all areas of the park, as required by law.