Collier-Seminole State Park
About Collier-Seminole State Park
A NOTE FROM THE MANAGER
Summer has arrived with the usual combination of heat and humidity that makes a trek outdoors seem like a chore. If you can get past that initial reserve and come out to the park you can be rewarded with spectacular views and possible a rare animal sighting. Collier-Seminole State Park is possibly the only state park in Florida where such a variety of rare and endangered species of animals can be found on any given day. Panthers, bears, bobcats, otters, manatees, sawfish, crocodiles, Liguus tree snails, Cooper Hawks, Fox Squirrels and many more animals are all found here in once place or another. The diversity of wildlife is truly impressive. Come prepared for some of the hungrier forms of wildlife that preside here, the mosquitos have been very active, especially around dusk. Properly equipped however, you can enjoy all there is to offer and more. Wear long sleeves and pants, close-toed shoes, a bug net for your head is preferable also. You may also want to have some repellent on hand, either one of the natural sprays like we sell in the ranger station or a more potent brand containing DEET. Come have an adventure that you can brag about to your friends. Tell them you have been tracking wildlife in the Everglades, and bring a camera to prove it. See you soon. Kirby
- Collier-Seminole State Park is located on U.S. 41, eight miles south of County Road 951 (Collier Boulevard).
- From Tampa on I-75 South, take exit 101 (state Road 951 & state Road 84) and turn right. Follow state Road 951 to U.S. 41. Turn left on US 41 and the Collier-Seminole State Park will be eight miles on the right, just past county Road 92.
- Going west from Fort Lauderdale, take exit 80 (state Road 29), go south to 41 and turn right. Follow 41 for about 15 miles, and the Collier-Seminole State Park will be on your left.
- For forms, information and benefits of volunteering visit Get Involved.
- Friends of Collier-Seminole State Park,Inc.
20200 East Tamiami Trail, Naples, FL, 34114
For more information, please call (239) 394-3397