Cedar Key Scrub State Reserve
About Cedar Key Scrub State Reserve
A NOTE FROM THE MANAGER
Enjoy a picnic in the Scrub's picnic area off SR 24, 5 miles east of Cedar Key!
Restoration and maintenance of the scrub habitat continue at the Reserve. Mowing with heavy equipment and prescribed fire work to improve the habitat for all the plants and animals who reside in the scrub community, including the protected gopher tortoise and Florida scrub jay.
Cedar Key Scrub State Reserve and Wildlife Management Area participates in an abbreviated hunting season.
If you are entering the park during:
- Sept 20-Oct 5 2014 (Archery)
- Oct 18-20 2014 (Muzzleloading)
- Nov 1-9 2014 (General Gun)
It is strongly recommended that you follow general safety regulations and wear at least 500 sq inches of fluorescent orange material above your waistline.
- Cedar Key Scrub State Reserve is located on State Road 24 six miles east of Cedar Key.
- For forms, information and benefits of volunteering visit Get Involved.
- Friends of Cedar Key State Parks Inc.