Blackwater River State Park
About Blackwater River State Park
A NOTE FROM THE MANAGER
Now is an excellent time to visit Blackwater River State Park. Our campground beckons your arrival. All 30 campsites offer 20/30/50 amp electrical service, water connection, and sewer hook-up. Three of these sites are concrete and enhanced for visitors with mobility challenges. A bath-house with hot showers is located in the middle of the campground.
If you’re not interested in an overnight stay, it's a perfect time of year for a walk through the woods, or a paddle on the river. This time of year offers a fantastic opportunity to avoid the larger crowds and reconnect with nature along the banks of the Blackwater River. We offer two loop trails through the river flood plain that are great for wildlife viewing and nature study. Alligator, River Otter, Great Blue Heron, White-tailed Deer and Turkey are just a few of the animals seen recently. The best times for wildlife viewing are early morning or late afternoon. The Florida Trail passes through the park and offers endless miles of hiking in the area. Canoeing and kayaking are still available and offer the best way to view the park and find solitude.
Please let us know how we can help plan your trip to the Real Florida at Blackwater River State Park. Park Information: 7720 Deaton Bridge Road Holt, FL 32564 850-983-5363 To make reservations, call ReserveAmerica at (800) 326-3521, (866) I CAMP FL, TDD (888) 433-0287 or visit ReserveAmerica.
- Blackwater River State Park is located 15 miles northeast of Milton, off U.S. 90.
- Heading East on I-10, exit 31 (Hwy 87N). Half mile, right turn on Highway 90. Seven miles to town of Harold. Left turn onto Deaton Bridge Road. Three miles to main gate.
- Heading West on I-10, exit 45 to town of Holt (blinking light). Left turn onto Highway 90. Approximately 15 miles to the town of Harold. Right turn on Deaton Bridge Road. Three miles to main gate.
- Volunteer - Park volunteers provide tremendous support in the areas of maintenance, resource management and campground hosts. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at Blackwater River State Park, contact the park office at (850) 983-5363.
- For forms, information and benefits of volunteering visit Get Involved.