Anastasia State Park
About Anastasia State Park
A NOTE FROM THE MANAGER
Celebrate the holidays here at Anastasia State Park! You can enjoy the great outdoors by taking a stroll down our lush nature trails and seeing some great wildlife. Don’t worry about bringing your own bicycle if you feel like taking a ride, just stop by Island Beach Grill to rent one. This weather is also great for kayaking or canoeing out at Salt Run so make sure you stop by Anastasia WaterSports before you leave.
We have some fun and informative programs coming up. On December 8th, we will have our monthly birding walk where our seasoned volunteer will be leading a group on a delightful birding adventure where you can spot a variety of shore birds and marsh birds. The cooler weather brings the snowbirds, so be prepared to see some less common species of birds. Then next month join us on New Year’s Day for the First Day Hike and Take a Walk on the Wild Side. You will discover the different ecosystems here in the park and come across an abundant collection of plants and animals. Please see the “Events” tab for details and specific times of the above listed events.
As always, you have the opportunity to join our CSO, the Friends of Anastasia. A yearly membership fee of $25 gets you 12 free passes into Anastasia State Park, a $96 value, as well as the chance to get involved and help out our park. To sign up, please visit www.friendsofanastasia.org. Currently, there are three director position openings on the CSO which we are taking nominations for, so please contact Brittany Sims by email at Brittany.Sims@dep.state.fl.us or by phone at (904) 461-2035 if you are interested.
- Anastasia is located 1.5 miles north of State Road 312 on State Road A1A, less than 5 miles south of St. Augustine.
- From I-95 take exit 311. Go east on State Road 207. Turn right on State Road 312. Turn left on A1A. Travel approx. 1.5 miles north to main park entrance. Turn right after The Surf Station.
- From US-1 turn east onto State Road 312. Turn north (left) on A1A. Travel approx 1.5 miles north to main park entrance. Turn right after The Surf Station.
- Volunteer -
Beachcombers, photographers, nature buffs, mechanics, green thumbs, campground hosts and many others find a home for their talents at Anastasia. The park also offers a docent program. Docents give interpretive programs, lead nature walks or speak with children and community groups about Anastasia State Park. To learn more about volunteering at Anastasia call (904) 461-2035.
- For forms, information and benefits of volunteering visit Get Involved.
- Friends of Anastasia
- 1340A A1A South
St. Augustine, FL 32080
Heald Laundries, Inc. -
Washer and dryer service.
Contact David Heald, (904) 984-5252
Cape Leisure Corporation -
Facility rentals and event planning.
Contact Dan LeBlanc, (321) 799-4020
- Florida State Parks Pet Policy
- Pets are permitted in the park, but not on the beach. They must be well-behaved and kept on a six-foot handheld leash at all times. Pets must not be left unattended or taken into restroom facilities or concession areas. Please clean up after your pet. Service animals are welcome in all areas and buildings of the park, as required by law.