Anastasia State Park
About Anastasia State Park
A NOTE FROM THE MANAGER
Celebrate the summer season at Anastasia State Park! We are still actively monitoring both least terns and sea turtles, so please continue to be mindful of this when you are out on the beach. Be sure to watch your step and mind any posting or signs you may see marking off their nests. It is already turning out to be a very successful season for least terns. We are currently looking for bird stewards to help educate the public about least terns on busy weekends. Click on the “Events” tab for our upcoming events and programs.
Anastasia is always seeking the aid of volunteers, but in particular we are need of the following volunteer assignments: special events, ranger station, interpretive programs, and photography. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Brittany McDermott at (904) 461-2035 or Brittany.McDermott@dep.state.fl.us.
As always, you have the opportunity to join our CSO, the Friends of Anastasia. A yearly membership fee of $25 gets you 12 free passes into Anastasia State Park, a $96 value, as well as the chance to get involved and help out our park. To sign up, please visit www.friendsofanastasia.org. They just elected new board members and have big plans for this year, so join now to get involved. Do not forget that 100 volunteer hours here will get you a free annual pass into Anastasia State Park and 500 cumulative volunteer hours will get you a free annual pass good for all of the Florida State Parks.
- Anastasia is located 1.5 miles north of State Road 312 on State Road A1A, less than 5 miles south of St. Augustine.
- From I-95 take exit 311. Go east on State Road 207. Turn right on State Road 312. Turn left on A1A. Travel approx. 1.5 miles north to main park entrance. Turn right after The Surf Station.
- From US-1 turn east onto State Road 312. Turn north (left) on A1A. Travel approx 1.5 miles north to main park entrance. Turn right after The Surf Station.
- Volunteer -
Beachcombers, photographers, nature buffs, mechanics, green thumbs, campground hosts and many others find a home for their talents at Anastasia. The park also offers a docent program. Docents give interpretive programs, lead nature walks or speak with children and community groups about Anastasia State Park. To learn more about volunteering at Anastasia call (904) 461-2035.
- For forms, information and benefits of volunteering visit Get Involved.
- Friends of Anastasia
- 1340A A1A South
St. Augustine, FL 32080
Heald Laundries, Inc. -
Washer and dryer service.
Contact David Heald, (904) 984-5252
Cape Leisure Corporation -
Facility rentals and event planning.
Contact Dan LeBlanc, (321) 799-4020
- Florida State Parks Pet Policy
- Pets are permitted in the park, but not on the beach. They must be well-behaved and kept on a six-foot handheld leash at all times. Pets must not be left unattended or taken into restroom facilities or concession areas. Please clean up after your pet. Service animals are welcome in all areas and buildings of the park, as required by law.