Anastasia State Park
About Anastasia State Park
A NOTE FROM THE MANAGER
Now that spring has officially arrived, you can be sure you will see and hear wildlife abuzz at Anastasia. Come and take a breath of fresh air and enjoy what spring in our park has to offer. Keep a watchful eye when on the beach and mind your step as we will soon be experiencing shorebirds, seabirds, and sea turtles nesting. Please do not disturb them if you see the animals or their nests. While you are here you can rent kayaks at Windsurf or camping equipment at the Island Beach Shop & Grill. Please do not forget to stop by for one of our April programs, like our birding walk or walk on the wild wide.
Anastasia is always seeking the aid of volunteers, but in particular we are need of the following volunteer assignments: special events, ranger station, interpretive programs, and photography. For more information on any of Anastasia State Park’s events or programs or if you are interested in volunteering, please visit the “Events” and “Ranger Programs” tabs or contact Brittany Sims at (904) 461-2035 or by email at Brittany.Sims@dep.state.fl.us.
As always, you have the opportunity to join our CSO, the Friends of Anastasia. A yearly membership fee of $25 gets you 12 free passes into Anastasia State Park, a $96 value, as well as the chance to get involved and help out our park. To sign up, please visit www.friendsofanastasia.org. The newly elected board members have big plans for this year, so join now to get involved. Do not forget that 100 volunteer hours here will get you a free annual pass into Anastasia State Park and 500 cumulative volunteer hours will get you a free annual pass good for all of the Florida State Parks.
- Anastasia is located 1.5 miles north of State Road 312 on State Road A1A, less than 5 miles south of St. Augustine.
- From I-95 take exit 311. Go east on State Road 207. Turn right on State Road 312. Turn left on A1A. Travel approx. 1.5 miles north to main park entrance. Turn right after The Surf Station.
- From US-1 turn east onto State Road 312. Turn north (left) on A1A. Travel approx 1.5 miles north to main park entrance. Turn right after The Surf Station.
- Volunteer -
Beachcombers, photographers, nature buffs, mechanics, green thumbs, campground hosts and many others find a home for their talents at Anastasia. The park also offers a docent program. Docents give interpretive programs, lead nature walks or speak with children and community groups about Anastasia State Park. To learn more about volunteering at Anastasia call (904) 461-2035.
- For forms, information and benefits of volunteering visit Get Involved.
- Friends of Anastasia
- 1340A A1A South
St. Augustine, FL 32080
Heald Laundries, Inc. -
Washer and dryer service.
Contact David Heald, (904) 984-5252
Cape Leisure Corporation -
Facility rentals and event planning.
Contact Dan LeBlanc, (321) 799-4020
- Florida State Parks Pet Policy
- Pets are permitted in the park, but not on the beach. They must be well-behaved and kept on a six-foot handheld leash at all times. Pets must not be left unattended or taken into restroom facilities or concession areas. Please clean up after your pet. Service animals are welcome in all areas and buildings of the park, as required by law.