Anastasia State Park
About Anastasia State Park
A NOTE FROM THE MANAGER
Celebrate fall at Anastasia State Park! Now is the time of year that the muhly grass begins to turn purple and the park is full of color. The weather is usually just right for taking a stroll on the beach, hiking our nature trails, or kayaking in Salt Run.
The Haunted Hayride and Enchanted Forest will be making a comeback this month. Take an old-fashioned hayride down one of the camping loops or participate in the “scare-free” option for the kids where they can walk the Enchanted Forest for a magical experience. Other activities will include music, food for sale, games, and lots of other fun. We are going to need a lot of help prior to, during, and after the day of the event. If you are interested in volunteering for this event, such as making posters, fundraising, helping to decorate, directing traffic, cleaning up after the event, etc., please contact Brittany McDermott to register at 904-461-2035 or Brittany.McDermott@dep.state.fl.us.
As always, you have the opportunity to join our CSO, the Friends of Anastasia. A yearly membership fee of $25 gets you 12 free passes into Anastasia State Park, a $96 value, as well as the chance to get involved and help out our park. To sign up, please visit www.friendsofanastasia.org.
- Anastasia is located 1.5 miles north of State Road 312 on State Road A1A, less than 5 miles south of St. Augustine.
- From I-95 take exit 311. Go east on State Road 207. Turn right on State Road 312. Turn left on A1A. Travel approx. 1.5 miles north to main park entrance. Turn right after The Surf Station.
- From US-1 turn east onto State Road 312. Turn north (left) on A1A. Travel approx 1.5 miles north to main park entrance. Turn right after The Surf Station.
- Volunteer -
Beachcombers, photographers, nature buffs, mechanics, green thumbs, campground hosts and many others find a home for their talents at Anastasia. The park also offers a docent program. Docents give interpretive programs, lead nature walks or speak with children and community groups about Anastasia State Park. To learn more about volunteering at Anastasia call (904) 461-2035.
- For forms, information and benefits of volunteering visit Get Involved.
- Friends of Anastasia
- 1340A A1A South
St. Augustine, FL 32080
Heald Laundries, Inc. -
Washer and dryer service.
Contact David Heald, (904) 984-5252
Cape Leisure Corporation -
Facility rentals and event planning.
Contact Dan LeBlanc, (321) 799-4020
- Florida State Parks Pet Policy
- Pets are permitted in the park, but not on the beach. They must be well-behaved and kept on a six-foot handheld leash at all times. Pets must not be left unattended or taken into restroom facilities or concession areas. Please clean up after your pet. Service animals are welcome in all areas and buildings of the park, as required by law.