Anastasia State Park
About Anastasia State Park
A NOTE FROM THE MANAGER
March on over to Anastasia this month and enjoy the great outdoors. Explore our coquina quarry, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, in support of Florida Archaeology month. As always we are offering some fun and informative programs this month.
One way to experience the coquina quarry is to help out with our continuing participation in FrogWatch USA. We need volunteers to help us monitor the frog and toad populations in the coquina quarry continuing now through August 31st. The monitoring occurs weekly on Mondays and Thursdays. Additionally, our monthly guided birding walk led by a park volunteer is on Sunday, March 9th from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Then on March 22nd from 9-11, join a park volunteer and take a Walk on the Wild Side.
Anastasia is always seeking the aid of volunteers, but in particular we are need of the following volunteer assignments: special events, ranger station, interpretive programs, and photography. For more information on any of Anastasia State Park’s events or programs or if you are interested in volunteering, please visit the “Events” and “Ranger Programs” tabs or call Brittany Sims at (904) 461-2035.
As always, you have the opportunity to join our CSO, the Friends of Anastasia. A yearly membership fee of $25 gets you 12 free passes into Anastasia State Park, a $96 value, as well as the chance to get involved and help out our park. To sign up, please visit www.friendsofanastasia.org. They just elected new board members and have big plans for this year, so join now to get involved. Do not forget that 100 volunteer hours here will get you a free annual pass into Anastasia State Park and 500 cumulative volunteer hours will get you a free annual pass good for all of the Florida State Parks.
- Anastasia is located 1.5 miles north of State Road 312 on State Road A1A, less than 5 miles south of St. Augustine.
- From I-95 take exit 311. Go east on State Road 207. Turn right on State Road 312. Turn left on A1A. Travel approx. 1.5 miles north to main park entrance. Turn right after The Surf Station.
- From US-1 turn east onto State Road 312. Turn north (left) on A1A. Travel approx 1.5 miles north to main park entrance. Turn right after The Surf Station.
- Volunteer -
Beachcombers, photographers, nature buffs, mechanics, green thumbs, campground hosts and many others find a home for their talents at Anastasia. The park also offers a docent program. Docents give interpretive programs, lead nature walks or speak with children and community groups about Anastasia State Park. To learn more about volunteering at Anastasia call (904) 461-2035.
- For forms, information and benefits of volunteering visit Get Involved.
- Friends of Anastasia
- 1340A A1A South
St. Augustine, FL 32080
Heald Laundries, Inc. -
Washer and dryer service.
Contact David Heald, (904) 984-5252
Cape Leisure Corporation -
Facility rentals and event planning.
Contact Dan LeBlanc, (321) 799-4020
- Florida State Parks Pet Policy
- Pets are permitted in the park, but not on the beach. They must be well-behaved and kept on a six-foot handheld leash at all times. Pets must not be left unattended or taken into restroom facilities or concession areas. Please clean up after your pet. Service animals are welcome in all areas and buildings of the park, as required by law.