Anastasia State Park
About Anastasia State Park
A NOTE FROM THE MANAGER
Share your love of Anastasia State Park with your friends, family, or loved one this February. There are plenty of opportunities to spot some unique wildlife while enjoying a stroll on the beautiful trails. On February 7th, enjoy music in the park with some local musicians. On February 15th join a park volunteer on the monthly guided bird walk. The colder season typically brings in some less common species of birds. On February 28th a park volunteer will offer a walk on the wild side, where you will go off the beaten path to learn about the plants and animals which call Anastasia State Park their home. Please see the “Event” tab for more details.
Anastasia is always seeking the aid of volunteers, but in particular we are need of the following volunteer assignments: special events, ranger station, interpretive programs, and photography. Please contact Brittany McDermott at Brittany.McDermott@dep.state.fl.us or (904) 461-2035 if you are interested.
As always, you have the opportunity to join our CSO, the Friends of Anastasia State Park. A yearly membership fee of $25 gets you 12 free passes into Anastasia State Park, a $96 value, as well as the chance to get involved and help out our park. To sign up, please visit www.friendsofanastasia.org. Currently, there is one board member position openings on the CSO for which we are taking nominations, so please contact Brittany McDermott using the contact information above. Do not forget that 100 volunteer hours will get you a free annual pass into Anastasia State Park and 500 volunteer hours will get you a free annual pass good for all of the Florida State Parks.
- Anastasia is located 1.5 miles north of State Road 312 on State Road A1A, less than 5 miles south of St. Augustine.
- From I-95 take exit 311. Go east on State Road 207. Turn right on State Road 312. Turn left on A1A. Travel approx. 1.5 miles north to main park entrance. Turn right after The Surf Station.
- From US-1 turn east onto State Road 312. Turn north (left) on A1A. Travel approx 1.5 miles north to main park entrance. Turn right after The Surf Station.
- Volunteer -
Beachcombers, photographers, nature buffs, mechanics, green thumbs, campground hosts and many others find a home for their talents at Anastasia. The park also offers a docent program. Docents give interpretive programs, lead nature walks or speak with children and community groups about Anastasia State Park. To learn more about volunteering at Anastasia call (904) 461-2035.
- For forms, information and benefits of volunteering visit Get Involved.
- Friends of Anastasia
- 1340A A1A South
St. Augustine, FL 32080
Heald Laundries, Inc. -
Washer and dryer service.
Contact David Heald, (904) 984-5252
Cape Leisure Corporation -
Facility rentals and event planning.
Contact Dan LeBlanc, (321) 799-4020
- Florida State Parks Pet Policy
- Pets are permitted in the park, but not on the beach. They must be well-behaved and kept on a six-foot handheld leash at all times. Pets must not be left unattended or taken into restroom facilities or concession areas. Please clean up after your pet. Service animals are welcome in all areas and buildings of the park, as required by law.