Anastasia State Park
About Anastasia State Park
A NOTE FROM THE MANAGER
Anastasia State Park has been thriving with wildlife. The least tern nesting season has come to an end and was extremely successful, reaching a peak of 86 flight capable juveniles. Our sea turtle nesting season continues with new nests being regularly identified. Our FrogWatch USA monitoring season has also been quite productive with a total of 11 native species identified so far.
Your child can become an Anastasia Junior Ranger as part of the new statewide program. Stop by our ranger station to get your folder, complete the activities, and then take the Junior Ranger pledge!
Anastasia is always seeking the aid of volunteers, but in particular we are need of the following volunteer assignments: special events, ranger station, interpretive programs, and photography. We are also seeking two fall semester interns, seeking college credit. We are offering both a Parks and Recreation Internship and a Park Services Specialist Internship from September 5th through December 4th. If you are interested in volunteering or interning, please contact Brittany McDermott at (904) 461-2035 or Brittany.McDermott@dep.state.fl.us.
As always, you have the opportunity to join our CSO, the Friends of Anastasia. A yearly membership fee of $25 gets you 12 free passes into Anastasia State Park, a $96 value, as well as the chance to get involved and help out our park. To sign up, please visit www.friendsofanastasia.org.
- Anastasia is located 1.5 miles north of State Road 312 on State Road A1A, less than 5 miles south of St. Augustine.
- From I-95 take exit 311. Go east on State Road 207. Turn right on State Road 312. Turn left on A1A. Travel approx. 1.5 miles north to main park entrance. Turn right after The Surf Station.
- From US-1 turn east onto State Road 312. Turn north (left) on A1A. Travel approx 1.5 miles north to main park entrance. Turn right after The Surf Station.
- Volunteer -
Beachcombers, photographers, nature buffs, mechanics, green thumbs, campground hosts and many others find a home for their talents at Anastasia. The park also offers a docent program. Docents give interpretive programs, lead nature walks or speak with children and community groups about Anastasia State Park. To learn more about volunteering at Anastasia call (904) 461-2035.
- For forms, information and benefits of volunteering visit Get Involved.
- Friends of Anastasia
- 1340A A1A South
St. Augustine, FL 32080
Heald Laundries, Inc. -
Washer and dryer service.
Contact David Heald, (904) 984-5252
Cape Leisure Corporation -
Facility rentals and event planning.
Contact Dan LeBlanc, (321) 799-4020
- Florida State Parks Pet Policy
- Pets are permitted in the park, but not on the beach. They must be well-behaved and kept on a six-foot handheld leash at all times. Pets must not be left unattended or taken into restroom facilities or concession areas. Please clean up after your pet. Service animals are welcome in all areas and buildings of the park, as required by law.