Alafia River State Park
About Alafia River State Park
A NOTE FROM THE MANAGER
Coy E. Helms Jr.
Enjoying Florida's outdoors is the natural thing to do, so why not spend some time at Alafia River State Park? The clear summer nights are perfect for camping in Alafia River's family campground. Campers will find clean restroom facilities with solar-heated showers and two large picnic pavilions, along with electric and water at each of the 30 campsites.
The park also offers many challenging off-road mountain bicycle trails and horseback riding trails. If you prefer, you can also hike to one of the many lakes to enjoy a day of fishing, relaxation or bird-watching.
All Horse Trails will be CLOSED on November 16, 2014 until 2:00 pm due to the X-Country Marathon.
The BLUE Equestrian Trail is currently CLOSED between post numbers 12 and 13. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Alafia River State Park is located 10 miles southeast of Tampa on County Road 39.
- From the South take I-75 North to exit 240 and go east on State Road 674. Continue on State Road 674 for approximately 15 miles and turn left at the flashing light onto County Road 39. Continue for approximately five miles, the main park entrance will be on the right.
- From the North take I-75 South to exit 257 and go east on State Road 60. Continue to County Road 640 (Lithia Pinecrest Road) and go right. Go 11 miles and turn right at County Road 39. Continue to the park entrance on left.
- From I-4 take exit 22 onto Park Road. Follow Park Road for approximately 2.5 miles. Bear right onto 39B and turn left onto State Road 39 (James Redman Parkway). Continue on state for approximately 15.2 miles to the main park entrance on the left.
- Volunteer -
If you enjoy Alafia River State Park and would like to contribute to the Park, considering volunteering. Volunteer opportunities include campground hosts, trail maintenance, carpentry, guide/interpreter and exotic removal. The park can always use the skills and talent that you can offer.
The trails at Alafia River State Park were constructed and are maintained by volunteers from the Southwest Association of Mountain Bike Pedalers (SWAMP). The SWAMP Mountain Bike Club offers guided trail rides the third Sunday each month and hosts a volunteer workday the third Saturday of each month. For more information regarding club and activities, you can visit www.swampclub.org or call the SWAMP hotline at (813) 689-5109.
- For forms, information and benefits of volunteering visit Get Involved.
- Friends of Alafia
Alafia River State Parkfriendsofalafia@gmail.com
14326 CR 39 South
Lithia, FL 33547