Florida's State Parks is committed to offering accessible facilities, events and programs to all visitors. For standards and specifications regarding the use of wheelchairs, manually-powered mobility aids and other power-driven mobility devices (OPDMD) by people with mobility impairments within state parks, please click on the appropriate link below, or scroll down to the appropriate section. For additional access to trails and beaches, all-terrain wheelchairs, including beach wheelchairs are located in parks throughout the state. Wheelchair lifts are provided at the Boca Grande Lighthouse at Gasparilla Island State Park and Eden Gardens State Park. Sign language interpreters can be provided with advanced notice using the Accommodation Request Form. In addition, many parks with video programs offer an open-captioned version as well as transcribed copies of audio programs.
- Wheelchairs, Manually-Powered Mobility Aids and Other Power-Driven Mobility Devices (OPDMD)
- Beach Wheelchairs
- Accessible Fishing Piers
- Accessible Trails
- Accessible Boat Tours
WHEELCHAIRS, MANUALLY-POWERED MOBILITY AIDS AND OTHER POWER-DRIVEN MOBILITY DEVICES (OPDMD) RETURN TO TOP
Wheelchairs and Manually-Powered Mobility Aids are allowed anywhere foot traffic is allowed.
Other Power-Driven Mobility Devices (OPDMD) shall be permitted ONLY FOR USE BY PEOPLE WITH MOBILITY IMPAIRMENTS and shall typically comply with the following maximum specifications in order to be considered acceptable for use in Florida State Parks:
- Speed - The operating speed while in a Florida State Park shall be that of typical walking speed, based on the particular soil type and existing environmental conditions, not to exceed 5 miles per hour.
- Width - The width shall not typically exceed 34 inches. Certain pedestrian routes, trails and undeveloped areas may reduce the acceptable width as the width varies greatly for these areas due to natural features or cultural landscapes.
- Length - The length shall not typically exceed 62 inches. Certain pedestrian routes, trails and undeveloped areas may not support the length of certain devices due to natural features or cultural landscapes.
- Weight - The weight of the device shall not typically exceed 550 pounds. Certain pedestrian routes, trails and undeveloped areas may not support the weight of certain devices due to natural features or cultural landscapes.
- Type - The type shall not typically include any motorized off-highway vehicle designed to travel on non-highway tires and/or having a seat designed to be straddled by the operator and/or handlebars for steering control, such as all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), off-highway motorcycles (OHMs) and recreational off-highway vehicles (ROV). NOTE: Gas-powered vehicles, no matter the type, shall not typically be allowed in any facilities enclosed by walls and/or covered by roofs.
BEACH WHEELCHAIRS RETURN TO TOP
Beach Wheelchairs are available with advanced notice at the following parks.
- Big Lagoon State Park
- Fred Gannon Rocky Bayou State Park
- Henderson Beach State Park
- St. Andrews State Park
- St. George Island State Park
- St. Joseph Peninsula State Park
- Topsail Hill Preserve State Park
- Edward Ball Wakulla Springs State Park
- Anastasia State Park
- Gamble Rogers Memorial State Recreation Area at Flagler Beach
- Sebastian Inlet State Park
- Washington Oaks Gardens State Park
- Caladesi Island State Park
- Cayo Costa State Park
- Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park
- Fort Foster State Park
- Gasparilla Island State Park
- Hillsborough River State Park
- Honeymoon Island State Park
- Lovers Key State Park
- Skyway Fishing Pier State Park
- Bahia Honda State Park
- Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park
- John D. MacArthur Beach State Park
- John U. Lloyd Beach State Park
- John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park
- Ft. Pierce Inlet State Park
- Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park
- Oleta River State Park
- St. Lucie Inlet Preserve
- Long Key State Park
- Curry Hammock State Park
ACCESSIBLE FISHING PIERS RETURN TO TOP
East Central Florida
- Collier-Seminole State Park
- Myakka River State Park
- The Skyway Fishing Pier State Park
- Lake Manatee State Park
ACCESSIBLE TRAILS RETURN TO TOP
- Big Lagoon State Park
- Blackwater Heritage Trail State Park
- Tallahassee-St. Marks Historic Railroad Trail State Park
ACCESSIBLE BOAT TOURS RETURN TO TOP